instruments with sostenuto in ST4?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

instruments with sostenuto in ST4?

Postby BrianJ18 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:29 pm

ST4 organ sample not recognizing sostenuto pedaling from my keyboard. Trying to find an organ sample that will allow sostenuto so I can play solos over a sustained chord. There are a lot of instruments to go through. Does anyone know which instruments have this option or if there is a list with this info. If there aren't any, has anyone tried to split their keyboard and use 2 instances with sustain on 1 to sustain chords?
BrianJ18

Re: instruments with sostenuto in ST4?

Postby Promidi » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:42 pm

I just opened up Sampletank 4 Max and loaded the specific patch “Gospel 835100006 Perc2”. I can confirm, from my MIDI controller (PCR-800), that this patch does indeed respond to sostenuto (or sustain). To be exact, my sustain pedal switch sends CC64 127 and 0 (no values in between as this is a switch, not continuous values).

With your MIDI controller, you need to confirm that the sustain pedal switch is actually sending CC64 127 and CC64 0 events.

On a side note, this patch also responds to CC1 events to increase the speed of the rotary effect. I have a foot controller connected to the PCR-800 that achieves this.
Promidi

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More