Miroslav Philharmonik 2, multiple instruments? [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Miroslav Philharmonik 2, multiple instruments? [Resolved]

Postby sal.sharif » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:48 pm

Hi. In the INST tab on Miroslav Philharmonik there are 16 rows (I don't know if they are called tracks or channels as this is not labelled clearly, but there are 16 rows). On row 1 I have violins, and on row 2 I have trumpets. When I play the midi keyboard, only the violins in row 1 are playing, but there is no sound from the trumpets on row 2. I have tried every setting visible but I cannot make more than 1 row to sound.
How do I enable instruments on multiple rows of the INST tab? If there is only one instrument playable at a time, what is the point of having 16 rows?
I know there are a small number of instruments on the MULTI tab that allow you to play multiple instruments, but I want to be able to play the instruments of my choosing, so please can someone help me how to enable multiple rows on the INST tab? Thanks.
sal.sharif

Re: Miroslav Philharmonik 2, how enable multiple instruments

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:06 pm

Hello sal.sharif and welcome to the forum.

Yes, there are 16 instrument slots in Miroslav Philharmonik 2 ("MP2"), numbered Parts 1...16.

You will see that the second column is titled "CH". This is the MIDI Channel to which the instrument loaded in each slot responds. To play the instrument in Part 2 all you need to do is send MIDI notes on MIDI Channel 02 to MP2. Notes on MIDI Channel 03 play the instrument loaded on Part 3. And so on up to 16.

Many MIDI keyboards let you change the MIDI channel, or you can change it in your DAW, or even edit MIDI items in the DAW.

And, if you wish, you can change the MIDI channel for each Part; so, you could trigger several the instruments in different Parts at the same time ("Layering" the sounds").
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Miroslav Philharmonik 2, how enable multiple instruments

Postby sal.sharif » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:09 pm

Wow, talk about a super quick response! Amazing, thank you DarkStar and Happy New Year! That solves my problem!
sal.sharif

Re: MP2, how enable multiple instruments [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:16 pm

Good oh :)

------------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More