help please for novice/missing sounds

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: help please for novice/missing sounds

Postby victorlams » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:41 pm

I've been using SampleTank since 2001 (so I'm not a novice), but I'm having the same issue with missing T-03 sample paks -- the Med Decay .paks just aren't there (or anywhere else).

On top of that, I haven't been able to get Syntronik to authorize, no matter what I do (uninstall, re-install, un-auth, re-auth). I can access the sounds through SampleTank 4, but Syntronik refuses to see any of the installed libraries beyond the free one. The issue is that the Syntronik app wants to use the old Auth manager program, not the new product manager program -- and the old program won't let me log in anymore (it gives me a Bad Login 101 error). The Product Manager says Syntronik is authorized (with my purchased libraries), but the app doesn't recognize that.

I've submitted tickets with support, in November and then again last month. No response to any of them. Is anyone from IK Multimedia actually there?
victorlams

Postby whitehartlane1 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:59 pm

I've waited 9 days and still no help.
If I get a solution I will post here.
Thanks for reply
whitehartlane1

Postby whitehartlane1 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:42 pm

its now 11 days that i have not heard a word from IK.
i have spent a lot of money with this company.ive brought syntronik and its a mess.files missing.im not happy.i know its been the holiday season but this is now unexeptable.
im very dissapointed ik
superb products but where is the help??????????
whitehartlane1

Postby garfy » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:03 pm

Sorry to hear that you are still having problems.

As per the guidelines, found here viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19505" you can reply to your own ticket asking for information. This will give IK Support a bump to respond.

Alternatively, you can send a private message to Ryan_IK with your ticket number who will try to bump support on your behalf.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby whitehartlane1 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:05 pm

where are they?
whos ryan and how do i contact him please
ive been contacting them.no answer
think i will get refund
whitehartlane1

Postby garfy » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:26 pm

whitehartlane1 wrote:where are they?

The link was in the text of my response, but here it is incase you couldn't see it.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19505"

whitehartlane1 wrote:whos ryan and how do i contact him please

Ryan_IK works for IKM and can help with getting responses from Support. At the top of the page, click on where it says "new messages" and this will take you to your private message Inbox. Click the "New PM" button, add Ryan_IK in first box and then write your message and include your ticket number. Ryan_IK will endeavour to find out why there has been a delay in answering.

whitehartlane1 wrote:ive been contacting them.no answer

Something may well have been missed. Ryan_IK will pursue this.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby whitehartlane1 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:46 pm

Cheers garfy I've sent private message to Ryan_ik
Appreciated :)
whitehartlane1

Postby twilson74 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:22 pm

It's weird, I'm having the exact same problem-- getting the same "Error cannot load tank at path..." type issues when I select certain SAM presets. But it's only some of them. And randomly other Syntronik instruments from other synth selections-- I was casually going through last night and didn't write down which ones were bad-- several had a few missing-- but the SAM is the most problematic.

What's more is that I think last week I thought I could fix it by reinstalling SAM and now each preset is listed twice-- and all the ones that give the error message do it for both listings. I used the IK Product Manager for all downloads.

One thing also... when I downloaded Total Studio 2 Max there was only one thing that gave me trouble with installation, and that was Billy Cobham Drums. Whenever I'd try to install it, it would say "no content found". On the main SampleTank page, the Billy Cobham Drums was still greyed out as though I didn't own it. So on that one, and that one alone I tried to install by finding the content folder and opening it and dragging each element to where it needed to go, using the location of other installed drum packs as a reference. Afterward, The Billy Cobham Drums avatar was now shown as owned and installed. But when I click on it, I get an "Error cannot locate..." message.

Just wondering if there's a simple fix for this, or if I need to go back through and find every preset that doesn't work and fix them individually. Like I said, reinstalling SAM didn't work-- it just gave me two listings for every preset, including the ones that aren't working.

I will probably open a support ticket in the next week or so, this isn't my first priority at the moment. Just wondering if anybody had any easy fixes in the meantime.

Thanks,

Ted

PS: besides these issues, I'm really impressed with Sample Tank. I have NI Komplete 12 Ultimate and it's great(and it was pricey), but I find myself using Sample Tank 4 more as my day-to-day source of instruments. I bought Total Studio 2 Max mostly for T Racks and other things-- I didn't even think Sample Tank was something I wanted or needed, but it's become one of my favorite tools of all. The layout and ease of use is great. I find it so much easier to create layered performance user presets here than doing so in Kontakt. The quality of the sounds is fantastic. I've been picking up the add ons like Clavitube, Alternate Keys and Spaceport '77 when they go on sale and am loving those too. Sample Tank is comprehensive on it's own, but it's also has it's own flavor that makes it different enough that it complements the other third party VST's that I own and use. Great job, IK!
twilson74

Postby teo-torriate » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:49 pm

I have the same problems... :-( Have you got an answer from IK to solve the problem?
teo-torriate

Postby Chrisk-K » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:51 pm

I just solved the same problem. Manually download missing pak files from the User area at IK's Web site and move the samples to the right folders. [mod redacted - works here, please report any issues to IK Support if you are having them]
Chrisk-K

Postby teo-torriate » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:32 pm

Hello Chris, thanks for your support! Much appreciated :-)

I downloaded the pak-Files. But I'm not able to intall them. I get an error message which says "unexpected error". And it's not possible to unpack the sounds and move the folder to the right place, because the destiny (user/shared) is read only.

The same issue with the sounds of Miroslav Philharmonic...

I sent an email message to the support and hope they have answers for me. ;-)
teo-torriate

Postby dbw1 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:24 am

Just has this same issue happen (it's now 2021...). I fixed it by going to my user page and downloading and installing the sounds for Sam (all parts and bonus). I first had to pay the $10 in order to access my sounds again but now it seems fine.
dbw1

Previous

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More