how many versions of ST4 do I need to install? [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

how many versions of ST4 do I need to install? [Resolved]

Postby Phattlippz » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:55 pm

I currently show FOUR different versions of SampleTank 4 in my Product Manager/Sounds window, including SampleTank 4 MAX. What's unclear is: do each of those versions have different instrument sets that would require all of them to be installed in order to have access to all patches? The 4 versions are 4, 4 CS (no option to install unfortunately), 4 MAX and 4 SE.

Any help would be appreciated.
Phattlippz

Re: how many versions of ST4 do I need to install?

Postby DarkStar » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:12 pm

All editions of SampleTank 4 are the same software. The Serial number determines what instruments can be loaded.

Only install ST4 MAX and when you Authorise the ST4 software, make sure that you use the ST4 MAX Serial Number. I am not sure exactly how it would work, but you might want to turn off "Automatically authorize after installation" in IKPM's Settings first.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: how many versions of ST4 do I need to install?

Postby Phattlippz » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:54 pm

DarkStar wrote:All editions of SampleTank 4 are the same software. The Serial number determines what instruments can be loaded.

Only install ST4 MAX and when you Authorise the ST4 software, make sure that you use the ST4 MAX Serial Number. I am not sure exactly how it would work, but you might want to turn off "Automatically authorize after installation" in IKPM's Settings first.

Got it - thanks!
Phattlippz

Re: how many versions of ST4 do I need to install? [Resolved

Postby DarkStar » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:41 pm

Good oh :)

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More