Definitive Reinstall Guide for my IK Instruments

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Definitive Reinstall Guide for my IK Instruments

Postby Sonicmojo » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:40 pm

All

Have been an IK user for many years and I am currently struggling with a mish-mash of items that have collected on the hard disk.

My question is - what is the definitive way to completely strip the machine of ALL IK stuff and then reinstall the following in the correct order.

My desired end product mix is very small but spans a few years - and I want to end up with the following:

Sampletank 3/4
Install 3.7.3 (?) to gain full access to my existing ST3 standard library PLUS all my third party items like:

Sonic Reality Collections
Sonic Synth
Sonic Capsules

Sampletank 4.13 (CS)
Install ST4.13 to access the CS content AND access all my ST3 libraries via the ST4 interface. I never want to use the ST3 UI unless I absolutely need it to configure the Sonic stuff as noted in this article:
https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=24083

AmpliTube 5 (CS)
To be able to use the new AT5 UI exclusively to access the amps/cabs etc. that come with AT 5 CS PLUS have full AT5 access to my two Fender Collections (1&2)

Would like to know if the above "order" is correct and any tips how to clean everything off (talking deep registry clean etc) and start everything over so all my content is where it should be with nothing else in the way.

Cheers

Sonic
Sonicmojo

Re: Definitive Reinstall Guide for my IK Instruments

Postby DarkStar » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:36 pm

Some questions first:
(a) What software is currently installed?
(b) What software do you want to uninstall and why?
(b) What libraries do you currently have installed and what are the paths to their top-level folders?
(c) Have you Imported those third-party libraries into ST3's sounds library?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Definitive Reinstall Guide for my IK Instruments

Postby Sonicmojo » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:33 pm

Darkstar

Thanks for the questions:

I think I managed to clean things up in my first pass here.

Right now I have the following:

IK Product Manager
IK Authorization Manager
Amplitube 5.01
Sampletank 3.73
Sampletank 4.1.3
Custom Shop 2.00 (32 Bit)
Custom Shop 2.00 (64 Bit)

I do NOT want Custom Shop on the machine at all - but I do not understand it's purpose (Outside of trying to sell me things I do not have) or what will happen to my paid software (like say my Fender Collection in Amplitube) if I remove it.

Also noticed - If I fire up Amplitube 5.01 (CS) - there is a big Custom Shop tile in the upper right of the interface - but if I click it - it does not do anything.

So I have a huge 300MB install for reasons unknown?

Is it possible to have these products installed:

IK Product Manager
IK Authorization Manager
Amplitube 5.01
Sampletank 3.73
Sampletank 4.1.3

and ONLY these products installed - and have access to everything I paid for?

Cheers

Sonic
Sonicmojo

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More