Memory-V install question [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Memory-V install question

Postby gram_123 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:35 pm

That's all helpful stuff above, thanks.

Still not working for me though. I have downloaded half the Memory-V sounds and put them in the SampleTank library where the other Syntronik Free sounds are located (and where Syntronik is pointing):

So, I have a bunch of Memory-V .pak files at:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3\Samples

But nothing Memory-V related at:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3\Instruments

I'm guessing I should have downloaded a bunch of other files for Memory-V, such as .st3i. I probably didn't get these because I can only download 1 of the 2 sounds files, as I get a javascript error as the first one completes, so it doesn't start the second. Aghhhhhhh.

I'm beginning to wonder is this is worth the effort...
gram_123

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:52 pm

@ Halo Serene

Multiple 53s should be OK (at least, they are in my screenshots). I would rename them back.

When you copied all the Memory-V sub-folders and files into the ST3 subfolders and did a Rescan, which instruments showed up?

ST3 instruments and samples in the ST4 folder will not work.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Halo Serene » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:53 pm

OK got it solved - you also need to copy over the Memory-V files from the ST4 Library Info and Samples folders, as well as the instruments folder - I have no idea why I didn't consider that earlier :roll: Now I can get all of my instruments in Syntronik at the same time - cool bananas :D
Halo Serene

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:00 pm

@ gram_123
As far as I know, that first Memory_V download has both instruments and sample files in it. So if the automatic install process worked OK, they should be there. Maybe the javascript error is indicating a corrupt download?

NB The Memory-V folders should be in the sub-folders in my screenshots.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:01 pm

Halo Serene wrote:OK got it solved - you also need to copy over the Memory-V files from the ST4 Library Info and Samples folders, as well as the instruments folder - I have no idea why I didn't consider that earlier :roll: Now I can get all of my instruments in Syntronik at the same time - cool bananas :D

(a) COPY the Memory-V folders from the sub-folder within the SampleTank 4 folder to the equivalent sub-folder within the SampleTank 3 folder.
(b) I think that will be sub-folders in Instruments, Samples, Multis and the Memory-V file in Library Info

;)

One down, one to go. :)
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Halo Serene » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:05 pm

Merry Xmas, all! :D
Halo Serene

Postby gmfrees » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:02 pm

Hi Darkstar,
Thank you for the help. The problem was indeed that I did not have the Memory-V library collocated with the other Syntronik libraries. I copied and pasted the Memory-V folders to where I had OXa and Bully located, then rescanned. That by itself didn't completely solve the problem even though I could then see Memory-V in the synth list in Syntronik. I also had to re-authorize Memory-V in the IKPM using the serial number that I got from my account on the IK website... then everything worked fine!

Thank you for the help!
gmfrees

Re: Memory-V install questions [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:05 pm

Good oh!

Two for two :)

-------------------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Previous

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More