Memory-V install question [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Memory-V install question [Resolved]

Postby gram_123 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:03 pm

I'm having trouble installing the Memory-V instrument to Syntronik...

I have successfully installed and run Syntronik, and I see Memory-V listed as a product within Product Manager, but there is no 'download/install' option. I can download the 'sounds' but it tells me a need SampleTank installed. I only want to use Memory-V within Syntronik, but do I still need to install SampleTank?

Hopefully this is just me being dumb and someone can point out where I'm going wrong....
gram_123

Re: Memory-V install question

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:15 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I do not think that you need SampleTank installed. You have already installed Syntronik (and its Sounds Libraries?) so the sounds should get installed into the same folders.

The only thing I can think of is that a non-standard folder name was used when you install the Syntronik sounds.

If you can download the Memory_V sounds, then extract the files from the .zip and run the installer yourself, selecting the folder you used for the Syntronik sounds, if you need to.

-------------------------------------
As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances.

-------------------------------------
PS: it would be best to change your Account Name away from an email address, to minimise the chance of it being harvested by web bots and you receiving all sorts of 'special offers', bank account verification requests, Amazon Prime renewals, Ray-Ban sunglasses, tax refunds etc from all over the place for years and years. You can change it here:.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby gram_123 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:25 pm

Thanks, will try that.

And yes, already changed username when I saw my email address, but doesn't seem to have changed on the post.
gram_123

Postby Halo Serene » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:52 am

Hi All

First post on this forum.

I have the same problem getting the Free Memory-V instrument - there is absolutely no option/link/button that I can find to actually download/install Memory-V, either on the website or via the IK Product Manager - it is listed as Registered.

When I open Syntronik in my DAW, it is listed in the Shop, but is shown as Not Installed. I'm sorry, but it does look like IKM doesn't want us to actually download/install the 'gift'. :roll:

Anyway, I have done as suggested and raised a ticket with support - we'll see what happens, presumably after Xmas now. It might just be me being blind and/or stupid - I'm willing to accept that possibility, so long as I can get my hands on Memory-V. ;)

TTFN, will endeavour to report back when solved
Halo Serene

Postby DarkStar » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:39 pm

Hello Halo Serene and welcome to the forum.

Well, IK Multimedia wants me to download it :)

Here is it, under the Sounds tab in IKPM with an Install option (or click "More options" and select "Install to") and in my User Area / My Products, with the [Sounds Download] button.

That's what you should be seeing. When you went to your User Area you should have got a pop-up saying that you were getting Memory-V. Can you recall that?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Halo Serene » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:22 pm

Hi DarkStar

I don't recall such a message. The files you showed in the screenshot are the sound libraries, and I have downloaded/installed them - admittedly in the wrong location, but I'll get that sorted later.

Memory-V itself remains Not Installed, though it is registered, and I still see no way of downloading/installing it.
Halo Serene

Postby DarkStar » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:32 pm

I'm confused. The pics above show the sounds library for Memory-V,as you said.

To use the Memory-V instruments m you need to download and install the Syntronik software. Which is also available in the IKPM and your My Products area (shown there as "Syntronik Free", unless you have bought it).
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Halo Serene » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:46 pm

In the IKPM, under Software, there is an entry for Syntronik. Under that entry is listed (as registered) Syntronik Bully (about a year or so ago, and works fine), Syntronik Free (again registered a couple of years ago), and Syntronik Memory-V (from yesterday).

Nevertheless, when I open Syntronik in my DAW, I get Bully (in the Synth pane and in the Shop as Installed) which works fine. I get Memory-V only in the Shop and it is marked as Not Installed.

OK I guess IKPM or the soundsets download should install Memory-V somehow in the background (because, as I said, there is no apparent means for me in IKPM or on the website to download/install it) - however, it doesn't install it.

I can't get them at the moment, but tomorrow I will post relevant screenshots
Halo Serene

Postby gmfrees » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:07 am

I am having the same problem. I have successfully authorized the Memory-V in the IKPM. I have previously installed and authorized Syntronik Free and have successfully utilized Bully and OX-a with it. I have successfully downloaded and installed the Memory-V sounds to my computer.

In IKPM under "Syntronik" if I hit the "Products" tab I can see the following listed there: Syntronik Free, Syntronik Bully, Syntronik OXa, and Syntronik Memory-V. Syntronik shows as Installed and Authorized. Under "Sounds" in IKPM Syntronik Memory-V shows as Installed.

However, when I open Syntronik as a stand-alone or in my DAW, the Memory-V synth does not show up in the list of synths. It simply is not there.
gmfrees

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:53 am

Halo Serene wrote:The files you showed in the screenshot are the sound libraries, and I have downloaded/installed them - admittedly in the wrong location, but I'll get that sorted later.

Memory-V itself remains Not Installed, though it is registered, and I still see no way of downloading/installing it.

Those two sentences are contradictory. With the Memory-V sounds librariy is installed or it isn't.

Also try this: in Syntronik's Settings do a "Rescan instruments".

Let's go back a bit:
-- what is the full path to your other Syntronik sounds (Bully, for example)?
-- what is the full disk path in Syntronik's preference settings?
-- in the iKPM. what does it show for Memory_V - "Install" or "Installed"?
-- if Memory-V is installed, what is the full path to its sounds?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:56 am

gmfrees wrote:I am having the same problem. I have successfully authorized the Memory-V in the IKPM. I have previously installed and authorized Syntronik Free and have successfully utilized Bully and OX-a with it. I have successfully downloaded and installed the Memory-V sounds to my computer.

In IKPM under "Syntronik" if I hit the "Products" tab I can see the following listed there: Syntronik Free, Syntronik Bully, Syntronik OXa, and Syntronik Memory-V. Syntronik shows as Installed and Authorized. Under "Sounds" in IKPM Syntronik Memory-V shows as Installed.

However, when I open Syntronik as a stand-alone or in my DAW, the Memory-V synth does not show up in the list of synths. It simply is not there.

-- what is the full disk path in Syntronik's preference settings?
-- what is the full path to the Memory-V sounds?

And, in Syntronik's Settings do a "Rescan instruments".
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Halo Serene » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:55 pm

DarkStar wrote:
Halo Serene wrote:The files you showed in the screenshot are the sound libraries, and I have downloaded/installed them - admittedly in the wrong location, but I'll get that sorted later.

Those two sentences are contradictory. With the Memory-V sounds librariy is installed or it isn't.

Also try this: in Syntronik's Settings do a "Rescan instruments".

Let's go back a bit:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3\Instruments\52__Syntronik Free
C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3\Instruments\53__Syntronik Bully
DarkStar wrote:-- what is the full disk path in Syntronik's preference settings?

No idea - where is it likely to be?
DarkStar wrote:-- in the iKPM. what does it show for Memory_V - "Install" or "Installed"?

Under Software->Syntronik->Products it shows Registered (along with Free and Bully)
Under Sounds, Memory-V shows as Installed
DarkStar wrote:-- if Memory-V is installed, what is the full path to its sounds?

It does not appear to be installed, but the sounds are
C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 4\Instruments\53__Syntronik Memory-V
Where would you expect say Bully to be installed, so's I can trace where Memory is likely to be installed?

I have tried the Syntronik VST Settings Rescan instruments, that makes no difference

:idea: :lol:
EDIT: OK sussed out what is going on - Memory, Bully, etc are not separate VSTs as such, hence have no separate installation, they are installed as part of the sounds installation. If I point Syntronik at
C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 4, then I get Memory-V - but not Bully, because that in
C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3

So it looks like I can either have Bully and the original stuff, or I can have Memory-V. And the kick in the nuts is that if I want to reload Bully and the original stuff I guess into ST4, I have to fork out EUR9.99 for getting my stuff back :shock: .

Thanks for your help, DarkStar. I'm going to forget about Memory-V (free gift it is not) :evil:
Halo Serene

Postby Halo Serene » Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:06 pm

As an FYI, I tried to have two instances of Syntronik in my test song, one pointing at SampleTank 3 and the other at SampleTank 4. Sadly, the path you specify in Syntronik Settings is global and affects ALL instances of Syntronik in the song. :roll:
Halo Serene

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:37 pm

Don't give up on Memory-V yet. We (you) are making progress. And you're nearly there. :)

DarkStar wrote:-- what is the full disk path in Syntronik's preference settings?
No idea - where is it likely to be?

In Syntronik Settings > Library path tab (I see from your Edit that you found it :))

Where would you expect say Bully to be installed, so's I can trace where Memory is likely to be installed?

The path you've shown above looks fine. All the Syntronik instruments should be sub-folders there (and the samples all in sub-folders in the adjacent "Samples" folder.

Here is an example:

Woah! Hold on a moment
C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 4\Instruments\53__Syntronik Memory-V

I have no idea why the Memory-V sounds are installed there. That seems totally wrong. :shock:

Other than Memory-V, is there anything-else in that SampleTank 4 folder or sub-folders? (I presume that you do not have the SampleTank 4 software installed)

You might try this (at least, this is what I would do, so proceed at your own risk):
    (a) COPY the Memory-V folders from the sub-folder within the SampleTank 4 folder to the equivalent sub-folder within the SampleTank 3 folder.
    (b) I think that will be sub-folders in Instruments, Samples, Multis and the Memory-V file in Library Info
    (c) Then, in Syntronik, do a "Rescan instruments".
    (d) You should then see all the instruments in Syntronik.
    (e) If all is well, you can DELETE those sub-folders / file from the SampleTank 4 folder hierarchy.

------------------
Some background info:
Syntronik (or Syntronik Free or Syntronik Deluxe) is the software program. That is what appears as the standalone program or as a (VST) plug-in in your DAW.

Syntronik Bully, Syntronik Memory-V etc are additional sounds libraries that can be used in the Syntronik software. They are installed into the Syntronik sounds library folders (which are all located in the SampleTank 3 sounds library (or should be :)).

When Syntronik Free is installed, the installer also installs a library named "52__Syntronik Free" which contains a selection of sounds. You can see that is the screenshots, alongside the others.

Yes, SampleTank 3, Syntronik (and Miroslav Philharmonik 2) share the same library path and library. This is done so that ST3 can additionally load instruments from Syntronik and Miroslav Philharmonik 2, alongside its own instruments.

And, if you have the Sounds libraries on disk, then you should not need to get a Downloads Reactivation credit.

Phew!
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Halo Serene » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:28 pm

Hi DS

I think Sampletank 4 may have gotten installed when I was furtling around with things (prolly not a good idea to install things in the manner equivalent to which you would for example just batter away at the keyboard when computer stops responding as promptly as you want ;) ).

I did try copying the Memory stuff into ST3 folder so in ST3 I ended up with
52__Syntronik Free
53__Syntronik Bully
53__Syntronik Memory-V

but that just stopped Bully etc showing up - I got a feeling that the 52 and 53 at start of the folder names are significant in some way (so that if I did reload Bully then the instrument folders would be assigned different start numbers, so the ST4 folder might end up with something like for example
51__Syntronik Free
52__Syntronik Bully
53__Syntronik Memory-V)

I was thinking that the two 53s were interfering with each other, so I tried changing the numbers, but just ended up with weird things happening, so I stopped. I also tried copying the ST3 instruments into the ST4 folder, but that accomplished not a lot.

And no, there was nothing apart from Memory-V in the ST4 folder.
Halo Serene

Next

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More