Expired Downloads

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Expired Downloads

Postby spicemix » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:14 am

[Mod Edit: split from the Official SampleTank Mac/PC Wish List!, for clarity and focus]

Thanks for the free sampled Memorymoog....buuuuutttt....the "Expired Downloads" thing is the worst possible hangover from the 1990's that I'm amazed the company still thinks is a viable part of the branding. It forces me to dismiss buying these giant sample libraries, as I never know when I'm going to be stuck SOL without the ability to install the dang thing unless I fork out who knows much.

So the IK sampled stuff is the only software of theirs I have simply skipped...why work with sampled synths when so many great algorithmic implementations are inexpensive these days? And not only 90's technology but 90's sales policies??? Are you nuts?

If it's a matter of saving expensive bandwidth, cap it at three downloads a year or something. Not unlimited downloads for 180 days and after that pay a tax or gth. Seriously. Makes company seem hostile.
spicemix

Re: Expired Downloads

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:58 pm

This should help answer your questions:
  • The expiry only relates the the main Sounds Libraries for a product.
  • The download period is 180 days for each product Sounds Library, from the date of product Registration.
  • There is a reminder on the download page and in the Product Manager ("IKPM") to keep a back-up copy of the downloaded files so that they do not need to be downloaded again.
  • You can reactivate ALL of your sounds downloads access by purchasing 1 (one) 'Download Reactivation Credit' in IK Multimedia's webstore.
  • The price is 9.99 (excluding VAT)
  • Reactivation will open download access for a further 180 days for all registered products.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Expired Downloads

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:13 pm

Your suggestions have been noted. Please see the post from DarkStar about the details of the sound downloads, backing up, etc.

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More