SampleTank 4 now Immediately Crashes Upon Startup [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank 4 now Immediately Crashes Upon Startup [Resolved]

Postby iankinzel » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:45 am

SampleTank 4 had been working without a hitch for weeks, but starting today, without any update or change in software/hardware, the program has suddenly started crashing immediately upon startup.

This happens in Mixcraft 9, this happens in Bandlab Cakewalk, and it happens when I open SampleTank 4 in its stand-alone app.

When using SampleTank 4 in a DAW (Mixcraft or BandLab), the SampleTank plugin also causes the DAW to crash as well.

I am not having crashes in these DAWs with any other plugin, and I also want to stress that I am having the exact same problem in the stand-alone app for SampleTank 4.

I have tried uninstalling + re-installing, but the problem persists. I have submitted a support ticket, but wanted to know if anybody else has had any success dealing with this problem.

EDIT:

Here is a link to a short video clip illustrating what's going on...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Rcd9GH ... sp=sharing
iankinzel

Re: SampleTank 4 Immediately Crashes Upon Startup

Postby garfy » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:07 am

Hi iankinzel

It looks like it crashes as it's starting to build the database in standalone. Is this the same when opening it in the DAWs?

My first instinct would be to run whatever firstaid/disk scan Windows offers to check there are no errors on the drives.

Otherwise, unless someone else chimes in with ideas, IK Support will be your best place for one to one help. They endeavour to answer tickets within 2 working days.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby iankinzel » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:13 am

garfy wrote:Hi iankinzel

It looks like it crashes as it's starting to build the database in standalone. Is this the same when opening it in the DAWs?

Hard to say, sometimes ST4 freezes up in the DAW while loading the database, and other times it crashes the DAW the second I select the VST.

My first instinct would be to run whatever firstaid/disk scan Windows offers to check there are no errors on the drives.

Otherwise, unless someone else chimes in with ideas, IK Support will be your best place for one to one help. They endeavour to answer tickets within 2 working days.

Thanks for this suggestion. It's another step I forgot to mention I've tried. I'll edit the OP to reflect that. (EDIT: Too late for me to edit the OP. Oh well).
iankinzel

Postby iankinzel » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:41 am

I updated my display driver and now everything is working fine.
iankinzel

Re: SampleTank 4 Immediately Crashes Upon Startup [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:19 pm

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More