C: Drive filled installing ST4 Max - HELP

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

C: Drive filled installing ST4 Max - HELP

Postby gtbouts » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:22 pm

I'm at a full stop in the process of loading SampleTank 4 MAX because my C: drive is full. Looks like C/Documents/IK Multimedia has a directory approximately 68GB.
The download is going to a G: Drive and the VST, Instruments, Samples, etc is on the F: drive - both have plenty of space at least 1TB available.
Is it possible to move the ST4 content off the C: drive? If so, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thx in advance.
gtbouts

Re: C: Drive filled installing ST4 Max - HELP

Postby garfy » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:53 am

Hello gtbouts and welcome to the forum

Can you clarify what you are trying to do at the moment please

gtbouts wrote:The download is going to a G: Drive and the VST, Instruments, Samples, etc is on the F: drive - both have plenty of space at least 1TB available.

If the download is going to G and the instruments etc are installing to F, what do you have going to C that would take the space up?
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Re: C: Drive filled installing ST4 Max - HELP

Postby gtbouts » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:44 pm

Resolved now but thx for jumping in. I can't explain why the C: filled up during the download, however, the process stopped. FYI - I'm using the IK Product Manager. I found c/users/public/documents/sampletank 3 was 68GB. I moved that directory to another drive and changed the sound content path in ST4. I'm not as fluent in ST4 as other software so I wasn't sure how much is user defined.
gtbouts

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More