Philharmonic 2 CE install question

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Philharmonic 2 CE install question

Postby chriso0258 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:55 pm

Hello,
To save space on my HD I installed the sound library on my external HD. However, when I start up garageband and go to the IK Multimedia Philharmonic 2 plugin, there are no instruments. Even when I start up the app itself there are no instruments. How do I direct my DAW / Philharmonic 2 to find the sound library on my external drive?

Also, would this be the same procedure for the SampleTank 3 and 4 installs?

Thanks for your help,
Chris
chriso0258

Re: Philharmonic 2 CE install question

Postby DarkStar » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:04 am

I moved your thread to the most appropriate forum.

Run MP2 CE standalone and in its Preference Settings window, browse to the destination folder and select it. Have a look at 2.1.2 in the MP2 User Manual.

NB: That main folder should be "SampleTank 3" and contains several folders and files, including "Instruments" and "Samples", with sub-folders in them for the MP2 CE folders and files. It is done like this so that SampleTank 3 (and Syntronik) will install into the same destination. ST3 can then load the MP2 (and Syntronik) instruments too.

If that is not the case for you, we can sort it out but would need details of where you did install the MP2 library.

Selecting the library path will be very similar in ST3 and ST4 too.

NB: Make sure that you install the ST4 library into a different main folder. And, in ST4's Settings, select both the ST4 main library folder AND the the ST3 main library folder.

Here, my main library folders are:
L:\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3
L:\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 4
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More