Sidechain the kick of a sampletank 4 drum kit[Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sidechain the kick of a sampletank 4 drum kit[Resolved]

Postby meepet1 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:57 pm

Hi, any advice on how to sidechain just the kick of a sampletank 4 drum kit? Do I have to re-record the kits individual sounds to get at just the kick or is there an easier way? Thanks
meepet1

Re: Sidechain the kick of a sampletank 4 drum kit

Postby meepet1 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:58 pm

You guys I figured it out! Ableton's compressor has a sidechain option where you select the channel with your drum kit, right? Well there is a nifty little EQ button next to the sidechain button. Use that to select the low frequencies where your kick is, and boom beautiful sidechaining using Sampletank's many awesome drum kits.

Hope this helps anybody else with the same problem. It is a lifesaver and my mixes just leveled up
meepet1

Re: Sidechain the kick of a sampletank 4 drum kit

Postby garfy » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:06 am

Hi meepet1

Thanks for coming back with this top tip. It may well help someone in the future.

As this thread has been resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.

• If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
• If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More