Unable to auth instruments in full version of Syntronik

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Unable to auth instruments in full version of Syntronik

Postby victorlams » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:58 pm

Hi there!

Last year I installed and authorized Syntronik Free. Over this past weekend I purchased the full version of Syntronik and installed it and authorized it using the Product Manager. Now when I run Syntronik (either as a VST or .exe in Windows 10), it lets me play the free patches and lists out all the full version patches in grey (not white) text, but when I click on them it tells me it's not authorized and loads the old Authorization tool (not the Product Manager). When I try to log in (confirmed the correct user name and password) I get an Error 101, Bad Request.

I've tried every combination of de-authorizing, uninstalling, re-installing, re-authorizing in the Product manager that I can think of, and when I check the registry, I can see the Auth keys for all of the full-version instruments... but the app itself isn't getting the memo.

Notably, when I check the registry key for the serial number, it's showing the serial number for the free version, not the full version. So that's weird.

Any thoughts? I'd love to dig into this as soon as I can.

Thanks!
victorlams

Re: Unable to auth instruments in full version of Syntronik

Postby victorlams » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:53 pm

Okay, this this is weird: I still have ST3 installed on this PC and when I loaded that (on a whim) and clicked on the Syntronik libraries, it directed me to the Custom Shop (which I also had installed :-) ), and that authorized the Syntronik libraries, and I think they're all available.

Hopefully I don't have to have ST3 and Custom Shop installed on any future PCs to get it to work, but this seemed to work okay.

The Authentication manager tool issue is still there, though, as I'm also trying to authorize the ST Editor, and that still gives me the 101 Bad Request error in the Authentication Manager.
victorlams

Re: Unable to auth instruments in full version of Syntronik

Postby victorlams » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:37 pm

Spoke too soon -- the Syntronik Instruments are still not authorized in SampleTank 4, so I don't know what's going on, behind the scenes here :-)
victorlams

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More