Importing Sonik Synth 2 into SampleTank 4 [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Importing Sonik Synth 2 into SampleTank 4 [Resolved]

Postby RyanDunwoodie » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:04 am

Hello.

I'm having a lot of difficulty getting my Sonik Synth 2 libraries to work in SampleTank 4.

A bit of background: I recently upgraded my computer which is now running Catalina. I found out that SampleTank 4 doesn't directly import legacy software but I read somewhere that SampleTank 3 does and that it's possible to then load a ST3 library in ST4.

Soon after that I realised that SampleTank 3 doesn't run in Catalina so I thought I had hit a wall and couldn't move forward. I then read somewhere that someone had installed ST3 on a seperate machine, imported the legacy software there and then copied over that ST3 library to their Catalina machine and directed ST4 to the ST3 library and got it all to work that way.

So I have essentially done all of this but with no overall success. I managed to install and authorise ST3 on a second computer and successfully import the entire Sonik Synth 2 library. Within ST3 I can load up the sounds and everything works perfectly. So I then proceeded to copy the ST3 library which includes the newly imported legacy instrument and samples and bring that over to my Catalina machine running ST4.

This is where I'm stuck. Basically when I direct ST4 to the ST3 library folder I have just copied over, the Sonik Synth 2 content just doesn't show up. Other content from ST3 folder comes in like old ST2 sounds and free ST3 stuff but the Sonik Synth 2 content is no where to be seen.

I'm not sure what I'm missing and I'm hoping there's a step or a process that I've missed and can still get this to work. One thing I'm curious about is that within the ST3 library folder there is a subfolder called 'library info' which has files like 'SampleTank 3.pak' and 'Sytronik.pak' for example which all correspond to the content I have loaded in ST4. Should there be a .pak file that corresponds to the Sonik Synth 2 content in order for it to show up?

If anyone has any insight into this I would be so grateful for some guidance. I've been a long time user of Sonik Synth 2 and really miss it, plus I just paid to re-download the library content thinking I'd be able to load it somehow but just no luck so far.

Thanks a million in advance for your help.

Ryan.
RyanDunwoodie

Re: Importing Sonik Synth 2 into SampleTank 4

Postby DarkStar » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:55 pm

Hello RyanDunwoodie and welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure either. :)

You say that you have has "no overall success" but it seems to me that you've had quite a lot. :)

I do not think that you need worry about the library info folder - mine does not have anything in it for Sonik Synth.

First of all, let's check a few things
-- what is the exact path to your ST4 sounds library - the folder that contains the "Instruments" and "Samples" folders and other things?
-- what is the exact path to your ST2 sounds library - the folder that contains the "Instruments" and "Samples" folders and other things?
-- what are the exact paths to your Sonik Synth sounds library - the folders that contain the "A Synths" and "B Keybosrds" folders and others?
-- what are the full path names in ST4's Settings > Sound Content?
-- is the ST3 sound library the same size on disk on both systems?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Importing Sonik Synth 2 into SampleTank 4

Postby RyanDunwoodie » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:45 am

Ok so I feel very stupid right now. It turns out that all the Sonik Synth stuff had in fact come over just fine. What threw me off was that all the 'imported' sounds that show up in ST4 are all labeled as SampleTank 2 content and nothing is categorised. It's just a long list of sounds that I had initially passed off as ST2 free or bundled stuff and was looking for anything marked as Sonik Synth 2 and could find anything.

I checked a couple of preset titles and cross-referenced them with the content in the library folder and realised that all of it was sitting right in front of me the whole time.

So I apologise for ringing the alarm bells when I didn't need too and am sincerely thankful for your help and reply to my post.
RyanDunwoodie

Re: Importing Sonik Synth 2 into SampleTank 4 [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:25 pm

Phew!

Don't worry, we have all done something like that is the past and will do so again. :)

Meanwhile, switch to the Folder view (icon in the top-left corner). It takes ages here, though, as the instrument list is not cached into a database.

------------------
As this thread has been resolved by the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More