Instruments: ‘Failed to load instrument..”

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Instruments: ‘Failed to load instrument..”

Postby haydencscott » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:39 pm

Absolutely losing my mind over this same issue. Somehow, my external drive name got changed yesterday and now ZERO ik multimedia products are working. I have spent 8 hours pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. I set the folder and it shows a much shorter list of multis available, but still click on an instrument and fails to load. I had EVERYTHING working yesterday. I am now panicking and freaking out because i have sessions to deliver that depend on these sounds. Mac Catalina. All the sounds are on an external drive... Can someone please help. Thanks
haydencscott

Re: Instruments: ‘Failed to load instrument..”

Postby DarkStar » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:08 pm

[Mod edit: I moved your post to its own thread for clarity.]

Hello and welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

I do not know how Catalina deals with disk name change, but can you change it back?

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Instruments: ‘Failed to load instrument..”

Postby haydencscott » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:17 pm

Thanks for the info man, yeah i changed the name back immediately (To exactly how it was named) after i opened a session to silence. No sounds have worked at all since yesterday. I have syntronik deluxe, miroslav 2, a ton of great stuff... It will see maybe 4 or 5 synths, says it loads, but no sound. Although it sees a couple of multis in Miroslav, (no individiual instruments) - they just immediately fail to load. I have scoured these forums for tips, but nothing has been of use. Any ideas are welcome, im in a bit of a panic.
haydencscott

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More