How do you authorize in the Manager [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

How do you authorize in the Manager [Resolved]

Postby johnvere » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:01 am

Just got the 4 pack which includes T Racks, Sample tank, Amplitube and Syntronik. SO far I had no problem with installing and getting the bits and pieces up and running, I really like what I've used so far and can see this will lead to the purchase of full versions down the road,, But it seems they are all in some demo mode which will expire in either 9 days or in some cases 120 Days. Every time I insert to a project I get a nag screen asking me to enter serial numbers.

In the product manager the obvious solution is to click the Lock icon that is marked Authorize. But,,, nothing happens.
johnvere

Re: How do you authorize in the Manager

Postby DarkStar » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:28 pm

Hello johnvere and welcome to the forum

Can you tell us exactly which "4 pack" that is? I do not recognise it.

To get out of demo mode, you are right, you will need to Authorize them. There should be serial numbers somewhere. In your User Area / My Products? https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/my-products/ In an email? On a card?

Here, in the Product Manager ("IKPM"), Manage My Products section, each product has a Register button (and there's a big red button at the top) that should pop up this window where you enter the Serial Number.

As this is not working for you, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem, but without directly quoting any correspondence from Support.

-------------------
Or, you might try Authorising using the older Authorization Manager. If you did not install it with the software, you can get it from here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/authorizationmanager/
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby johnvere » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:30 pm

Thank for the help. It will be tonight when I get at my DAW. The 4 pack was from the ik web site free stuff link
johnvere

Postby DarkStar » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:38 pm

Ah ha. This one: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/index.php?R=INIT&FV=free-software-related-products&CV=Other%20Filter&PSEL=freesoftware. It was the term "4 pack" that threw me. ;)

The Serials Numbers of all of those should be in your User Area / My Products.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby johnvere » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:06 pm

I think they are using a new Product manager. There is no User Are /My products on the Manager that downloads when you start the process rolling to get these. There is now a
"Manage My Products" and then a page opens with all the VST's and the option to install which works fine and below it the Authorize icon which does nothing. There are no serial numbers.
The products listed as free all have the authorize icon and then other products are listed with "Try- Register and Buy" icons which makes sense.

I just have a feeling the authorize icon is not working.

Sorry I don't see a way to post pictures here I took a screen shot. But see if these links open for you in one drive.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgE0bJwcYqZHwUXlB-9 ... R?e=fW7K44

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgE0bJwcYqZHwUS_Xnl ... v?e=WcdwBi
johnvere

Postby johnvere » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:17 pm

OK of course I feel stupid The serials are here on this web page User area. That was the clue you gave me and I returned to the e mail they sent me and opened the link. In other words it was right under my nose while I was here asking the questions.
So to Answer my own question

How do you authorize in the Manager?
You don't, you get the serials from this web site in your user area my products..
It is still strange that the Product Manager doesn't at least direct you to a log on when you click the Authorize link.

Thank you very much for your help. It worked.

John.
johnvere

Postby DarkStar » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:01 pm

I am glad that you have got it sorted out. And don't worry about asking, this will surely help out other users.

It would be worth sending your comments on the Product Manager (it is a very new program) to Support so that they can pass them on to the Development team.
Support, via here. There is a link at the top to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help.

---------------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More