Instruments don't load in 2nd ST3SE installation [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Instruments don't load in 2nd ST3SE installation [Resolved]

Postby Chbelt » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:48 pm

I am installing ST3SE on a 2nd computer. All of the instruments show up in the ST3SE browser, but if I try to load one it says instrument failed to load. I installed ST3SE on my old computer in 2018.

First, I installed ST3SE from the website. Then, I copied the sound files from my old computer to the same location on the new computer. Finally, I ran the SampleTank 3 SE Sound Library Update 3.5, and it said update was successful.

If I go to My Products and scroll to Sample Tank 3 SE, then click the Sounds Download tab, I get the invitation to purchase a download reactivation credit. Do I need to do that, or should I be able to use my old sounds?

Thanks!
Chbelt

Re: Instruments don't load in 2nd ST3SE installation

Postby garfy » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:57 pm

Hi Chbelt and welcome to the forum.

Chbelt wrote:Then, I copied the sound files from my old computer to the same location on the new computer.

This is fine, but what you also need to do is to set the Disk Path in Settings so ST3 knows where the sound content is. Have you done that?
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Chbelt » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:11 pm

Yes - C:/users/public/documents/IKMultimedia/SampleTank 3

Although strangely when I browsed to this location in ST3 it displayed the folder name "documents" in the path instead of "public documents'" which is what was displayed on the computer. I changed the folder name on the computer to "documents" to match ST3. It didn't work either way.
Chbelt

Postby Chbelt » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:09 pm

I tried uninstalling all of my IK Multimedia programs and reinstalling same as before. Still doesn't work. When I open ST3 I get the progress bar showing the loading of all the instruments, etc. and they all show up in the browser. But none of them will load to play. Syntronic instruments load fine.
Chbelt

Postby Chbelt » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:35 pm

Since Syntronic Free works, I tried copying some of the ST3I sound files from the Instruments folder to the 52_Syntronic Free/Factory/99 folder alongside some Syntronic ST3I sound files. When I look at 99 in the ST3 browser, however, it only shows the Syntronic instruments. It's like the ST3I files in the Instruments folder are invisible.
Chbelt

Postby garfy » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:15 am

Hi Chbelt

Repectfully, I would suggest not moving files around too much - this may cause additional problems.

The only other thing I can suggest is to refresh/rebuild the database by clicking on the circular arrow in ST3 just above the macro controls.

As this is a user-to-user forum and not direct to IKM support, in case no one else chimes in here with advice or a solution the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-su ... ck=QUICKSW

If these do not resolve the issue, there is a link to the Technical Support form, for direct help from Official IK Support. They endeavour to reply within 2 working days, but obviously considering the current situation things may take longer than usual.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the issues, but without directly quoting any correspondence from official support.
garfy

Postby Chbelt » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:40 pm

Thanks so much for taking the time to read about and comment on my issue, Garfy!

Rebuilding didn't work, so I'll probably put in a ticket, though I wouldn't mind buying a reauthorization if I knew it would work. It's only $10.
Chbelt

Postby DarkStar » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:47 pm

Idea: when you copied the sounds files across from your old computer, did you copy the whole library (from the main SampleTank 3 folder downwards), not just, for example the "Instruments" folder and it contents?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Chbelt » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:32 pm

:D :D :D
DarkStar wins!

You have to copy the entire contents of the Sample Tank 3 folder, not just the Instruments folder.

Thank you!
Chbelt

Postby garfy » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:36 pm

DarkStar always wins, that's why he's had the Hero of the Week badge for the last 20 weeks ;)

Glad you're all sorted and thanks for coming back and confirming the fix. It may help other users in the future.

As this thread has been resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.

• If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
• If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
garfy

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More