Any info on source models for ST4 pianos?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Any info on source models for ST4 pianos?

Postby nwa305 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:40 am

I have questions about the pianos that were sampled for three of the instruments included with ST4. These are wonderful instruments, and I would love to know the manufacturer and models of the source instruments.

The Berlin Grand in ST4 (and ST4 CS) is a true gem. The info only says "German made", but having the name "Berlin" suggests that it's a Bechstein rather than a Steinway. Can anyone from IK provide some info on the model or confirm the manufacturer?

The various forms of Grand Piano 1 (from ST3) say it was manufactured in Hamburg. I'm assuming it's a Steinway. Any info on the model?

Also, the Upright Piano (also from ST3) is surprisingly detailed for an upright and sounds better than most virtual recordings of baby grands or even grands. Can IK give us the dirt on what piano was recorded here?

Thanks for any info you can provide. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to know, especially about the Berlin Grand.
nwa305

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More