Sample Tank Upgrade or SE. Choice?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sample Tank Upgrade or SE. Choice?

Postby 9blackoranges » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:47 pm

As a free product from the Group Buy Offer my options include Sample Tank 4 Upgrade or Sample Tank SE.

I only have Sample Tank 4 CS at the moment.4 gig and 50 sounds.

Sample Tank SE has 30 gig with 2,000 sounds.

Sample Tank 4 has 100 gig with 6,000 sounds.

I can not find what the UPGRADE version contains nor what its Upgrading from/to?

Is it upgrading from SE to full Sample Tank 4 or upgrading from CS to full Sample Tank 4?

Anyone know?
9blackoranges

Re: Sample Tank Upgrade or SE. Choice?

Postby DarkStar » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:28 pm

Generally,
  • An Upgrade is from a product to a more extensive edition of that product, such as from ST4 SE to ST4, or from ST4 to ST4 MAX,
  • A Crossgrade is from a product with a standard List Price of 99.99 (excluding taxes) to another product. For example, from ST4 to Syntronik Deluxe.
  • Upgrade and Crossgrade prices (to get to a particular product) may or may not be the same.

The Sample Tank 4 Upgrade is to the full ST4 library, with over 260 GB and 8,000 instrument presets. My understanding is that it would be an Upgrade from ST4 SE. But it may be that you have another paid-for product (not a bonus) that qualifies you for a ST4 crossgrade??

What did you buy in the Group Buy?
What other IK Multimedia products have you bought?
What is your list of available bonus products?

For a definitive answer, please contact Sales/Account Support, via here. You will be able to search the FAQs first, but if they do not resolve your issue, there is a link at the top to a Support form. Sales Support can look at your Account and see what's going on. Response time normally is within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time. Administrators and Moderators here cannot access your Account.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby 9blackoranges » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:58 am

Thanks Darkstar for your comments but it does not really explain or clarify what the UPGRADE contains when I have only got the CS version.You pose that it may be an ST4 Crossgrade - there is no such option.

I have posted a question to Sales Support.
9blackoranges

Postby DarkStar » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:09 am

9blackoranges wrote:Thanks Darkstar for your comments but it does not really explain or clarify what the UPGRADE contains when I have only got the CS version.

The Sample Tank 4 Upgrade is to the full ST4 library, with over 260 GB and 8,000 instrument presets. My understanding is that it would be an Upgrade from ST4 SE

To answer your specific question, I do not know why the ST4 Upgrade is available as a bonus, unless you have to take ST4 SE first. Yes, It is confusing.

As far as I know, the only difference between ST4 CS, ST4 SE, ST4 and ST4 MAX is the instruments that they can load; the software functionality is the same. Have a look at the PDFs at the bottom of this page: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st4/index.php?p=info#sounds

9blackoranges wrote:You pose that it may be an ST4 Crossgrade - there is no such option.
I mentioned that just in case you had a product that qualified you for the crossgrade - it appears not.

Anyway, Sales Support will be able to look at your Account and give you the definitive answer.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:55 pm

OP qualifies for crossgrade pricing for IK products based on a purchase of Black 76 in late 2019.

Any user can at any time check their eligibility by visiting the Crossgrade/Upgrade section of their IK User Area.

SampleTank 4 Upgrade is very broad (and yes, quite like Crossgrade from what I see) and the aforementioned Black 76 does indeed qualify for that pricing.

The differences between those versions is the amount of included sounds, not feature limits. However, the SampleTank Editor (the more involved separate program for those looking to do their own full sound design for SampleTank 4) is only available to those with SampleTank 4, SE, or MAX versions.

In short, there would be no reason not to choose the SampleTank 4 Upgrade over SampleTank 4 SE as you'll get many more sounds with SampleTank 4 Upgrade.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More