Unable to import my own files into Sampletank 4

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Unable to import my own files into Sampletank 4

Postby lozrabone » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:50 am

I have raised this issue on ticket number #5528113 but unfortunately it hasn't been addressed.

Part of my workflow in Sampletank is to use my own drum loops. I always did this in ST3 with no issue. However, after upgrading to ST4 I find that I am unable to import my own loops. I am following the correct process to import - i.e. I select the Disk Path, I name the file, I leave the Destination path as its default (Imported Instruments), I set the category as Loops, I set the correct BPM and select Chromatic Form as the root note selection. I press Import and get the error saying "Please select a disk path containing samples". Needless to say, the disk path I have selected is correct and does contain samples! I stress that I never had this issue in ST3. I have tried with Wavs and AIFF files and with folders in various locations but always with the same issue.

Even though I have described the process in detail, when I got a response from the support team I was simply asked for screenshots (which only served to show what I had already described). I sent the screenshots nearly 2 weeks ago and have still received no reply.

Sampletank 4 is not cheap and I don't think its unreasonable to get some help with this issue as it is limiting what I can do. If I am missing something simple then please tell me what it is
lozrabone

Re: Unable to import my own files into Sampletank 4

Postby DarkStar » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:07 pm

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is reply to your Support Ticket asking for guidance. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem, but without directly quoting any correspondence from Support.

Also, have a look at item #1 in the Guidelines. https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19505
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby lozrabone » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:02 pm

Hi, I replied to the support ticket almost 2 weeks ago but have had no reply
lozrabone

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:26 pm

The tech replied to that ticket on September 17th. Please check your email for that reply, including your spam/junk folders.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lozrabone » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:29 pm

That was the reply I was referring to in my 1st post (see beginning of thread) I responded to it the same day and sent the attachments as requested
lozrabone

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:31 pm

lozrabone wrote:That was the reply I was referring to in my 1st post (see beginning of thread) I responded to it the same day and sent the attachments as requested

That did not get added to the ticket. Please resend. I would try without the attachment and note that your first reply did not get through and perhaps you could post the attachment somewhere and link to it if that is indeed the issue.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lozrabone » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:39 pm

I am unsure what you mean by post the attachment and link to it. To be honest tho the request for an attachment seems unhelpful as it only shows what I have already laid out in detail - i.e. the error message which I have quoted word for word. anyway I have resent and reiterated the problem and quoting the error message
lozrabone

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:33 am

I meant that if you put it up on wetransfer or similar and send a link to it in case that is what prevented your reply from getting to the rep/ticket.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More