Miroslav 2 minimum Mac OS

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Miroslav 2 minimum Mac OS

Postby lynnemoquin » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:41 pm

Does Miroslav 2 require Mac 10.10 or is it recommended ? If your system is an older OS, I can see it bog down playing with other audio units, but can you still use it to create and bounce some tracks to use in your DAW ?
lynnemoquin

Re: Miroslav 2 minimum Mac OS

Postby dlgebert » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:35 am

lynnemoquin wrote:Does Miroslav 2 require Mac 10.10 or is it recommended ?

Below is from the product page saying 10.10 is the minimum. I assume you saw this and that's why you're asking. It's easy to imagine that companies list minimum requirements because anything less might be underpowered, but many times it's because their software requires certain system drivers, or libraries that became available with the newer OS, and you might not get past the installation without errors. I don't know why 10.10 is the minimum, but I wouldn't suggest rolling the dice hoping it will work with an older macOS.

Code: Select all
System Requirements
Miroslav Philharmonik 2 is a 64-bit application and requires a 64 bit CPU and Operating System.

Mac® (64-bits)
Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo, 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), Mac OS X 10.10 or later. 58 GB of hard drive space.
Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): Audio Units, VST 2, VST 3, AAX.

Dave
dlgebert

Postby lynnemoquin » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:57 pm

Thanks,
Yeah, we are figuring there may be requirements for 10.10 on in the OS.
Altho you'd think IK would know or be able to find out for sure.
Their email responses have never been very good though.
lynnemoquin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:17 pm

If the specs page states a minimum then they are already sure that this is the minimum that will run Miroslav Philharmonik 2. Anything more specific to your system would be hard for them to have absolutely intimate knowledge about.

SampleTank 4 has the same specs and a free version for you to use (and Miroslav Philharmonik 2 will also run inside that too) so I'd suggest trying that for specific information about what kind of performance you'll see on your system https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/s ... hp?p=specs
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lynnemoquin » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:15 pm

Thank you Peter very much for that specific answer.

I could ask also, I would very much appreciate knowing the difference between a cross grade Miroslav 2 and an upgrade.
The IK site doesn't distinguish, and offers me a crossgrade/upgrade price 299$
But Long and McQuade music offers a cross grade for 390 and an upgrade for a hundred less.
The IK price is USD so for me that is close to 400 $ Canadian, way more than a download local to me.

I am happy with Miro 1 on my desktop Mac for a long time now, but want Miro 2 on a MacBook.

So a second question is are the cross grade and upgrade really the same exact thing that can be installed on another computer as long as it's registered to me ?
Since the stores also define cross grade two ways, one that it's when you own a different product bought from IK and another definition that it's trying to woo customers using a different product with a similar use from another company.

I can't be refunded if my upgrade local store price of 290 is the wrong thing.
lynnemoquin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:00 pm

Those are just indicators of pricing (crossgrade and upgrade). You should see the lowest for which you qualify when you are logged in. You can also check your eligibility for any product at any time by visiting https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/eligibility (or the Crossgrade/Upgrade section of your IK User Area if you are already there).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lynnemoquin » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:25 am

There is no distinction at IK user area logged on, of cross grade vs. upgrade.
they even title the page crossgrade/upgrade

If someone has Miro 1 they should get upgrade pricing, it's not logging on a 'seeing what I'm eligible for'. Of course I'm inquiring after logging on as a long time user with many products purchased.

If Long & McQuade offers over 100$ lower price for upgrade than IK site,
there's something odd about that.

Long and Mc's has a similar price for cross grade as IK site has for their only offering of crossgrade/upgrade.

I don't understand why IK would do that. Just wanting to know, but maybe they'll answer my inquiry from the form soon.
lynnemoquin

Postby DarkStar » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:23 pm

I think that that is something you'll need to check with L&M.

The IKM web page offers:
Miroslav Philharmonik 2 (Download) €499.99 excl. VAT
Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CROSSGRADE (Download) €299.99 excl. VAT

Note that there is no Upgrade. And Crossgrades depend on you having a licence for any IK Multimedia product listed at 99.99 or more.

The L&M web pages state (I added the € equivalents):
Full Version: $595.00 CDN (~ €382)
CROSSGRADE from any paid/registered IK Multimedia Product $390.00 CDN (~ €250)
UPGRADE from the original Miroslav, SampleTank 3 and SampleTank 3 SE $279.00 CDN (~ €179)

So, as you said, it does seem a bit odd.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby lynnemoquin » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:06 pm

Thanks 'DarkStar' I didn't see those IK co requisites anywhere, good to know.
I'll try back at the two stores that said they'd look into it with management.
lynnemoquin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More