How to choose waveform in Syntronik?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

How to choose waveform in Syntronik?

Postby joachim.sallstrom » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:52 pm

I’m trying out the free version of Syntronik on my Mac. Can’t seem to find where to choose waveform.
joachim.sallstrom

Re: How to choose waveform in Syntronik?

Postby DarkStar » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:28 pm

Hello joachim.sallstrom and welcome to the forum.

Syntronik does not have that feature. It is a big collection of sampled sounds, with a standard interface for all sounds - the same synth controls, but of different appearance.

You can change the LFO wave shape but that is not what you were referring to, I think.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby joachim.sallstrom » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:39 pm

No, I saw the waveforms for the LFO. I mean for the oscillator section.
So basically Syntronik is the same thing as using you’re own round robin samples in something like EXS24/Sampler/Alchemy? They write that they use round robin but then there are samples with a note saying “no round robin to save memory”. On iOS/iPadOS I get this some of the time, but on a modern Mac or PC with 16-32GB ram that’s just silly.
joachim.sallstrom

Postby DarkStar » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:28 pm

I guess you could say that Syntronik is a sample player, rather than 17 (or even 38) synths in one. But you get 17 instruments, with over 2,000 preset sounds covering a wide selection from 38 vintage synthesizers. (That's my underlining.) Each of those sounds can then be modified using the standard controls or be adding FX etc.

I'll guess that round-robin was omitted when it was not particularly useful (which would result in memory saving).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby joachim.sallstrom » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:25 pm

DarkStar wrote:I guess you could say that Syntronik is a sample player, rather than 17 (or even 38) synths in one. But you get 17 instruments, with over 2,000 preset sounds covering a wide selection from 38 vintage synthesizers. (That's my underlining.) Each of those sounds can then be modified using the standard controls or be adding FX etc.

I'll guess that round-robin was omitted when it was not particularly useful (which would result in memory saving).

Well, I make my own presets most of the time. I’ll start a new thread on round robin and Syntronik specifically.
joachim.sallstrom

Postby zzz00m » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:32 pm

Specific waveforms can be chosen indirectly by selecting a preset that just uses a basic sampled waveform. Then the modeled filters, and the envelopes, LFOs, and effects rack can be used to shape the sound.

Unfortunately, the only way to single them out is by browsing the preset list, and these details will be noted under the patch description in the browser. You could save any as a favorite.

There are number of them provided in many Syntronik instruments.

For example here are a few presets provided for sound design in the full MiniMod.

Saw 1-Osc MiniM - Unique analog sawtooth wave samples in Osc 1 and 2 with round robins for your custom sound design.

Sine Clean ModoM - Sine waves sampled from discrete analog oscillator module ready for your custom sound design.

Square 1-Osc MiniM - Unique discrete analog square wave samples in Osc 1 and 2 with round robins for your custom sound design.

Triangle 1-Osc MiniM - Triangle waves sampled from a discrete analog oscillator ready for your custom sound design.
zzz00m

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More