Thought this might help some folks (ASIO crackles)

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Thought this might help some folks (ASIO crackles)

Postby wagnerfamily1 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:32 am

So I was was experiencing severe pops and cracks with my Hammond B3x vst on Windows. I have an MSI laptop. They come with a third party audio app called Nahimic aimed at gamers.
Turned out it was interfering with asio when using B3x. I uninstalled it and VOILA! Problem solved.
wagnerfamily1

Re: Thought this might help some folks (ASIO crackles)

Postby DarkStar » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:30 pm

Good catch :) To help others, how did you find that that was the problem?

It is always worth looking around to see what else is running.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby wagnerfamily1 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:44 pm

The MSI laptop I have is a gaming laptop. When I set it up I noticed it had this weird Nahimic audio “enhancer”. I didn’t think anything of it. When I had problems with the B3x I started digging online for info on it. Seems it’s tough to disable completely, so I uninstalled it. I thought it was strange that the B3 would play fine with the windows audio driver but not the asio. I started troubleshooting with audio before I went into firewalls and wifi stuff. I was lucky with my first instinct.
FYI, the MSI website has an executable you can download that also clears the registry of any remnants of Nahimic. I guess the moral of the story is, if you don’t need it, get rid of it. First thing I did was uninstall Norton when I got the PC
wagnerfamily1

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:15 pm

I also recommend that people follow the Sweetwater Windows 10 optimization tips for audio: https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/ar ... indows-10/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More