Sampletank 4 instruments page in Logic Pro x HELP!!!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sampletank 4 instruments page in Logic Pro x HELP!!!

Postby Freedom55 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:40 pm

Hi
I want separate instruments on the instruments page routed to their own individual track in Logic How do I set up midi channel 1-16 in Logic from the one instrument page in sampletank 4.

I don’t want to have to make a new track and open up another instruments page for every instrument I need for each individual track.

Thanks
Freedom55

Re: Sampletank 4 instruments page in Logic Pro x HELP!!!

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:40 pm

I am not a Logic Pro X user but I know that you need to instantiate a multi-out instance of a virtual instrument to do what you describe. I found this Apple Support document that appears to explain the process of doing so: https://support.apple.com/guide/logicpr ... 887f45/mac

That should help.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby supanorton » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:19 am

Peter_IK wrote:I am not a Logic Pro X user but I know that you need to instantiate a multi-out instance of a virtual instrument to do what you describe. I found this Apple Support document that appears to explain the process of doing so: https://support.apple.com/guide/logicpr ... 887f45/mac

That should help.

Thanks, Peter! I’ve been wondering about this too.
supanorton

Postby garfy » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:46 am

Peter_IK has given a link to the correct way of setting up a multi-output instance of ST4 in Logic. However, if you also want each of the (upto 16) instruments within it to be controlled by different MIDI inputs/lanes/tracks on individual MIDI channels, then you need to make the software instrument multi-timbral when you create the new software instrument track.

https://i.imgur.com/3SGcmjO.jpg

Hope that makes sense.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:08 pm

Thank you, garfy. Great info and glad to have a Logic user to specify these little potential "gotchas".
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Freedom55 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:08 pm

Garfy

I set up timbral tracks but all faders and volume work together. I need them to be controlled individually how do I make that happen from this point?
Freedom55

Postby garfy » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:16 pm

Hi Freedom55

Yeah, this is where Logic is a bit gnarly with the whole multi-timbral thing. You need to think of the main arrange page and the audio mixer as 2 separate things now. The faders in the main page (red box) Logic doesn't separate them on their MIDI channels as you've seen. I don't know why and it's a pain, but there you go.

The audio channel in the mixer (blue box) (either hit X to see it in the main page or cmd + 2 for a floating window) control the audio out from ST4, so fader level, pan etc. Click on the '+' symbol (green box) at the bottom of the first channel to unroll the faders for each output from ST4. These will work on a per channel basis.

It's not particularly elegant I'm afraid. Personally, unless there is something really special that I need to run ST4 through within LPX, I generally use it as a multi-timbral in/stereo audio out and use the effects and mixer within ST4.

https://i.imgur.com/v9w23zG.jpg
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More