ORCHESTOOLS ONE in SampleTank 4 - no instruments

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

ORCHESTOOLS ONE in SampleTank 4 - no instruments

Postby dordorc » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:02 am

Hi. My SampleTank 4 isn't showing any instruments.

I downloaded the IK multimedia product manager. Then installed SampleTank 4 in it. I opened SampleTank 4. It's authorized.

I downloaded the zip of ORCHESTOOLS ONE at dropbox. I unzipped it, and put its three folders: Imported Samples, Instruments and Multis into the folder "...Programs > IK Multimedia > SampleTank 4". I restarted my computer. Opened SampleTank 4 again. Zero instruments.

I opened my DAW. I can add a SampleTank 4 track. But when the SampleTank 4 UI pops out. Zero instruments.

What do I do?

Thanks!
Last edited by dordorc on Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
dordorc

Re: ORCHESTOOLS ONE in SampleTank 4

Postby dordorc » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:45 am

By the way, there are no pre-built folders in the folder 'SampleTank4'. I simply drag those three folders into 'SampleTank4'.

If anyone could find an offical or secure link to download a free version of SampleTank3... That might be a way out. But I prefer 4...
dordorc

Re: ORCHESTOOLS ONE in SampleTank 4 - no instruments

Postby DarkStar » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:24 pm

Hello dordorc and welcome to the forum

1 It sounds like you have not yet installed any of your ST4 sounds. They are separate downloads from the software itself. You can do that in the IK Product Manager. NB: select a suitable destination folder first for the Sounds Library to be "installed to".

2 ORCHESTOOLS ONE is a third-party library .

3 ST4 can reference multiple paths to sound libraries; and the ST3 sounds should be kept separate from the ST4 sounds. Have a look at the hierarchy in the FAQs
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1239
You need to put ORCHESTOOLS ONE into a SampleTank 3 folder heirarchy and reference that folder in ST4.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby dordorc » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:27 am

Okay. I have installed the ST4 sounds.

For importing the ORCHESTOOLS ONE sounds into SampleTank 4:

There are 3 folders from ORCHESTOOLS ONE: Imported Samples, Instruments, Multis. I recreated the upper section of the folder hierarchy that starts with the folder "SampleTank 4"":

And put those 3 folders in.

(Frankly I don't know what that lower section that starts with the folder "Documents" is about.)

Then I opened SampleTank 4 (By the way I also downloaded Syntronik). I can pick "Syntronik" and "SampleTank 4" (The ORCHESTOOLS ONE lives in "SampleTank 4") in the topmost drop down manual. However, when I pick one of the sounds from ORCHESTOOLS ONE, there's Error pops up:

"
Part 1 loading issues

Failed to load instrument '//instruments/Orchestools One/100 Multi Parts Vol1/Marimba.st3i'

Part 2 loading issues

Failed to load instrument '//instruments/Orchestools One/100 Multi Parts Vol1/Piano Upright Preparaed #1.st3i'

Part 3 loading issues

Part 5 loading isses

Failed to load instrument '//instruments/Orchestools One/100 Multi Parts Vol1/Glockenspiel #1.st3i'

I can only click "Ok".

What is this?

Must I download SampleTank 3 to play ORCHESTOOLS ONE sounds? Where can I install SampleTank 3? How do I reference ST3 to ST4?
dordorc

Postby DarkStar » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:43 pm

You need to put ORCHESTOOLS ONE into a SampleTank 3 folder hierarchy and reference that folder in ST4.

If you have installed Syntronik and its library that will have created a SampleTank 3 library folder. That is where your Orchestools should go.

To reference the ST3 sounds library folders in ST4, please see section 2.1.2 in the ST4 User Manual.

And the lower section of that picture shows what folders and files are created in your "Documents" folder.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More