SampleTank 4 Quitting Unexpectedly

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank 4 Quitting Unexpectedly

Postby IDHProductions » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:33 am

I am having constant crashes of SampleTank 4 Ver. 4.1.3 running on macOS Mojave 10.14.6.

Have uninstalled and rolled it back to a number of the earlier versions with no success. The only changes have been updating the Application via the new Product Manager and installing two new sound libraries (Hitmaker: EDM & Hitmaker: Synthwave) and two synths for Syntronic (Memory-V & SH-V) using the Product Manager.

When installing items I keep getting the error message...
"CONNECTION ERROR - Connection error, please verify your Internet Connection"

Any insights, guidance or advice would be greatly appreciated on troubleshooting or resolving this issue. :)
IDHProductions

Re: SampleTank 4 Quitting Unexpectedly

Postby DarkStar » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:48 am

Hello AJ87DJ and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby supanorton » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:21 pm

AJ87DJ wrote:I am having constant crashes of SampleTank 4 Ver. 4.1.3 running on macOS Mojave 10.14.6.

Have uninstalled and rolled it back to a number of the earlier versions with no success. The only changes have been updating the Application via the new Product Manager and installing two new sound libraries (Hitmaker: EDM & Hitmaker: Synthwave) and two synths for Syntronic (Memory-V & SH-V) using the Product Manager.

When installing items I keep getting the error message...
"CONNECTION ERROR - Connection error, please verify your Internet Connection"

Any insights, guidance or advice would be greatly appreciated on troubleshooting or resolving this issue. :)

I'm on Catalina, so I'm not sure it's the same issue. SampleTank was crashing every time I would X out while using it as a plugin in Logic Pro X. The problem started after I installed two new sound/instruments (LA Confidential and London Grooves) to the wrong location using the product manager.

The CONNECTION ERROR is very annoying, but your products will continue to download if you let it run. They really need to fix that.

I had to reinstall all my SampleTank sounds. On my external drive, I created two folders (SampleTank 3 and SampleTank 4). I downloaded and reinstalled all SampleTank 4 sounds/instruments into the SampleTank 4 folder, then did the same with the SampleTank 3 instruments/sounds to the SampleTank 3 folder. Following that, I installed the sound library update for SampleTank 4. After all that, I opened SampleTank 4 settings and set the new path/directory to my new folders on my external drive. Then I had SampleTank rebuild the library. It's all working smoothly now.

If you have Syntronik, you'll need to reset its path/directory as well.

Hope this helps.
supanorton

Postby IDHProductions » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:34 am

I managed to get SampleTank to force rescan the library by booting MacOS into Safe Mode.

Had to do a rescan of Syntronik as well.

Once the Libray had been rebuilt, restarted the machine and it loaded correctly under the normal boot.

Hope this will help anyone who has an issue. :D
IDHProductions

Postby bdezlife » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:18 pm

This connection error thing is happening here too. Happened on my first install and is still happening with my reinstall (something got messed up, don't know what exactly). Just adding that here in case PM devs are watching
bdezlife

Postby DarkStar » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:43 pm

The development teams do not regular review all the threads in the forum.

Please report the details of the problem to Technical Support on the link I posted above.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More