MIDI ASSIGN

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

MIDI ASSIGN

Postby integratron » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:25 pm

So it seems as though Syntronik does not save its MIDI assignments after being shut down and relaunched?? I can change from one synth to another and all the assignments operate fine but...

When I shut down and then relaunch (or reload) Stntronik, all the MIDI assigns are gone???

... or am I doing something stupid. :roll:
Amplitube/SampleTank/Syntronik/TrackS/Steinberg UR22/Win 10 Pro/Dell XPS8700/intel i7 /TB HDD/8Gb RAM - J S Bach, the Einstein of music - Listen to D. Scarlatti and my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/
integratron

Re: MIDI ASSIGN

Postby DarkStar » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:56 am

From the User Manual. 4.7:
A MIDI device sending on any MIDI Channel can control learned MIDI parameters on any of the Syntronik parts. Note that the MIDI CC assignments are stored with the Multi, not with the Instrument, in order to avoid conflicts when multiple Instruments are combined in a Multi. Only MIDI CC messages are supported.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: MIDI ASSIGN

Postby integratron » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:41 pm

DarkStar wrote:From the User Manual. 4.7:
A MIDI device sending on any MIDI Channel can control learned MIDI parameters on any of the Syntronik parts. Note that the MIDI CC assignments are stored with the Multi, not with the Instrument, in order to avoid conflicts when multiple Instruments are combined in a Multi. Only MIDI CC messages are supported.

Thank you, DarkStar... now I remember reading about that in the manual. It seems overly convoluted to me but I can see where multis could conflict with individual instruments. I'll give it a go. OK, that worked perfectly, even with different assignments on a different synth using the same hardware controllers! Seem like if IKMM can make that magic happen, they could do it with the individual, non-multi instruments... I guess this is related to limitations of the MIDI specs. 8-)
Amplitube/SampleTank/Syntronik/TrackS/Steinberg UR22/Win 10 Pro/Dell XPS8700/intel i7 /TB HDD/8Gb RAM - J S Bach, the Einstein of music - Listen to D. Scarlatti and my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/
integratron

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More