Can you use legacy instruments with Sample Tank 4?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Can you use legacy instruments with Sample Tank 4?

Postby fredfx » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:26 pm

I have a bunch of legacy instruments.

Specifically:

Sample Tank 2XL Instruments
SampleTron (the one I REALLY want)
Sonik Synth Instruments.

Is there a way to import them into Sample Tank 4?

I know this is probably a noob question, but I want to cut to the chase...

I see SampleTank 3 and 4 Instruments in the left hand column in SampleTank 4. I just want to be able to use the legacy ones I purchased.

I'm also on Catalina which is 64bit applications only so I can't even install SampleTank 3 on my machine.

Thanks in advance for your help and cooperation.

best,

Fred
fredfx

Re: Can you use legacy instruments with Sample Tank 4?

Postby DarkStar » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:37 am

Generally, this is the way:
https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=24083

But if you cannot install ST3 (can you clarify why not?) then that method is not possible.

Do you have the legacy libraries Imported into a ST3 library anywhere? If so you could copy that complete library to your system and add its top-level path to the ST4 Settings / Sound Content.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby fredfx » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:00 pm

I'm not able to install ST3 on Catalina. I'm assuming that's because it's 32 bit? Or am I missing something. Catalina ONLY allows 64 bit software to be installed.

I could install it on my wife's laptop because that's not Catalina yet.....and copy the files over to my machine....
fredfx

Postby DarkStar » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:00 am

ST3 is 64-bit only. But it looks like the installer is not Catalina-compatible. It would be worth raising this problem with Technical Support as ST3 is the ONLY way to get legacy libraries into ST4.

Going via your wife's laptop would do it. And, back up the ST3 library so you do not need to do it again.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby proghead » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:37 pm

Hi all - I'm in the same boat: legacy Soniksynth 2 and Sampletron products. Great products. I understand that these legacy products need to pass through ST3. I assume that when this happens, the sound files get some sort of different suffix so they can be imported in ST4 in 64 bit.

I was able to download "SampleTank_Custom_Shop_3.7.3.dmg" but my main question is about the Import Legacy functionality. I am willing to bet that it is disabled in CS and that one needs the actual software to enable that feature. Is that true?

If CS can actually import legacy libraries, I will happily deal with a messy file system - as long as I can use the sounds from these two great producst. Thank you so much in advance.

Tom
proghead

Postby fredfx » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:44 pm

It's super messy. I mean SUPER messy. For $300 I was able to get everything IK makes with the group buy. It was worth $300 for the time it would have taken to sort through everything...
fredfx

Postby proghead » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:00 am

Hi Fred - what do you mean a group buy? You were able to Legacy products like Sampletron in 64 bit? The big question for me is whether Sampletank 3 Custom Shop has the Import Legacy function enabled.
proghead

Postby fredfx » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:15 am

They were running a special (it's over now) where if you bought a piece of software, (I bought syntronic deluxe for $299) you could pick out 4 more software titles that were equal to or less than that price so I got the following for $299

Syntronik Deluxe
Mirislav Philharmonic Deluxe
Modo Drum
Sample Tank Max
Hammond B3

Great deal.

I was able to convert my sounds in Sample tank 3. I had to jump through hoops though because my main machine is using Catalina which ST 3 won't install in. I used my wife's machine. Copied the sounds over and then imported them in to ST3 and re-saved them. I tried importing them into the current version of ST and it worked.
fredfx

Postby proghead » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:46 am

That sounds like a great deal!

When you imported your libraries into ST3, did you use the free Custom Shop version or did you use a full copy of ST3?

Thanks for your help,

Tom
proghead

Postby fredfx » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:32 am

Whichever one was free to download.....
fredfx

Postby DarkStar » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:14 pm

I'll take your bet. How much and what odds are you offering?
https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=24083
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:09 pm

Doesn't look like the bet was taken, smart move all around.

Seems the "mess" was due to a brand new OS not supporting legacy software that was needed to import even more legacy (fairly ancient) software sounds. Sorry, but that's pretty specifically not really something I'd put on IK as being the purveyors of the messiness.

It has been a while, OP has been pointed to the right place and should have this resolved from what I can see. If not, please open a ticket with IK Support who can assist further.

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More