Grouping Legacy Instruments in ST4 SOLVED

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Grouping Legacy Instruments in ST4 SOLVED

Postby elgolview » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:36 pm

In ST4, I can select all the instrument sounds imported via ST3 (Sonik Synth, SampleTron, SampleMoog etc). My difficulty is that I can only see them as a very long list in the Instruments column of the ST4 interface. The instrument names do not identify themselves as being from a specific VST.
Is there any way that I can see them grouped, eg all the SampleTron tracks readily identifiable as being from that VST?
Thanks,
Elgolview :)
Last edited by elgolview on Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
elgolview

Re: Grouping Legacy Instruments in ST4

Postby DarkStar » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:35 pm

Click the Folder icon at the top of the LIBRARY column to swtch to the folder view. Then you can browse the library you want.

But - it can take a bit of time (over 90 seconds here) to switch. I reckon that ST4 builds the complete folder tree in memory and does not save it to disk. I have reported this problem to Support with some suggestions.

And it would be handy if each Imported library were listed as a CATEGORY in ST4's Browser
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Grouping Legacy Instruments in ST4

Postby elgolview » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:00 am

Hi Darkstar,
That's exactly what I was looking for :D . Thanks very much!
Luckily, the view only takes about 3 seconds to appear on my computer. This makes a lot of difference to me.
Elgolview :)
elgolview

Re: Grouping Legacy Instruments in ST4 SOLVED

Postby DarkStar » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:30 am

Good oh! :)

I do have rather a lot of ST4 and earlier instruments - that takes some time.

-----------------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More