Sample Tank Drum Map [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sample Tank Drum Map [Resolved]

Postby Shiftingshaddow » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:28 pm

Sample Tank 4. Drum maps for Cubase?
If I try to use the GM drum map, I get no sound. Im using the Billy Cobham drums, but the problem is on any Sample Tank drum kit.
Where can I get a drum map? The ik video for the Billy Cobham drums says the kit uses "extended general midi mapping" but I can't find what that even is or where to download it.
Cubase uses GM map. It works with groove agent and other drum programs I've used, like MT Drum Kit.
The best I can figure is the sample tank drums aren't using the same assignments as the GM map in cubase. But I don't know how to get the assignments Sample tank wants, what they are, or how to download them--even if I have to make my own drum map I don't know what to program
Shiftingshaddow

Re: Sample Tank Drum Map

Postby DarkStar » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:01 am

Hello Shiftingshaddow and welcome to the forum.

I think that the kits use "iMap" (an extended GM mapping, developed by Sonic Reality, who have also created many instruments and libraries for IK Multimedia). But Sonic Reality's web site is unavailable.

I have asked IK Multimedia to add the drum maps to the ST4 User Manual. Not everyone has the time or inclination to explore every key.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby reuelt » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:37 am

reuelt

Postby Shiftingshaddow » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:02 pm

Hey, thanks guys. That map looks to be useful. Appreciate that. I may make my own map with that information. The Billy Cobham drums align with the gm map, mostly, I think. One exception I noticed is the second kick drum. That drum is lower than the lowest C in the gm drum map.

I haven't figured out the solution yet to the problem, but I did notice a few more things.

I think the issue isn't about the drum map, it is about sample tank not recognizing my midi controller properly.

In sample tank and miroslav orchestra stand alone modes, my midi keyboard isn't functional at all. In plug in mode in the DAW, it works unless you try to use a drum map--any drum map.
So, I looked at the MIDI meter and noticed that with a drum map selected, the input meter is not showing activity for sample tank. But the output meter is showing activity. So, cubase knows Im pressing a key, but on the back end, not the front end.

If I use any other instrument from any other vendor I have, no issues with my keyboard controller. It is an M-Audio Keystation 49es. Although, Cubase doesn't recognize it well enough to use the play, stop, record, or volume functions. Only the keys and pitch. I don't think it recognizes the modulation wheel either.

I don't know if I noted this, but I'm using Sample Tank 4 CS.
Shiftingshaddow

Postby Shiftingshaddow » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:14 pm

Solved:

Its the MIDI Channel. I couldn't figure out how to change it, but someone on Facebook helped me out. I just put the mouse in the box and scrolled right as I held the left button and was able to switch it. Everything works with the Drum Map in Cubase on Channel 10. In Stand Alone mode, the keyboard works on MIDI channel 4.
Thank you so much. I feel so much better about this now. I can actually edit my drums in the editor now with the GM map.
Shiftingshaddow

Postby garfy » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:35 pm

Great news, glad you're working as you want to.

As this thread has been resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.

• If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
• If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More