Syntronik "how to record Arpeggiator in Ableton Live"

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Syntronik "how to record Arpeggiator in Ableton Live"

Postby Krismael » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:52 pm

hello everyone,

hope you can help me with this. I'm new to Syntronyk and everything in regards of DAWs and keyboards in general. I been making music really easy and real fast since I got my iRig Keys 37 Pro controller, the SampleTank 4 made things very easy for me, loves the sounds, then I've moved to Syntronyk where I've learned how to create my own arpeggiator, then I wanted to records something I was playing with the arpeggiator but realized that the arpeggiator signal is not send as a MIDI signal, so wonder if you may have a hack/trick to record that on Ableton Live, for which I'm new too.

Here's a little tune I've made recently, more to come....with the arpeggiator if I learn how to record it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvhU5RBi1MQ

Thanks in advance
Krismael

Re: Syntronik "how to record Arpeggiator in Ableton Live"

Postby garfy » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:46 pm

Hi Krismael and welcome to the forums.

I'm not quite sure I follow what you're doing I'm afraid. Are you currently running Syntronik in standalone mode?

If that's the case you will need to open Syntronik in Ableton and use it as a software instrument. You record the notes you're playing into a MIDI track and then Syntronik will play them back through the arpeggiator.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Krismael » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:59 am

Thanks you Garfy for your answer.

I'm playing on Ableton and as a plug in. What I want to do is to finally record what I'm playing with the Arpeggiator to a wav audio file, but don't know yet the steps to make it happen. I've learned how to save the midi (map is the term?) and to then place it into a new channel but not sure if that ways I will be able to record it as wav

Thank you
Krismael

Postby garfy » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:51 am

Krismael wrote:What I want to do is to finally record what I'm playing with the Arpeggiator to a wav audio file

Gotcha.

When you are happy with your MIDI performance in Ableton, click File>Export Audio which will open a dialogue box to complete your file type, bit rate etc. This will render out the project to a new file, which can be a *.wav file.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Krismael » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:50 am

Thanks man, i really appreciate your time to explain that to me, i still have to learn how to work it out....like i said, i'm very new to this, even to keyboards but i love it and specially all the capacities of this app.....i'm learning how to build the arpeggiator and with every new things new inspiration shows up....i've recorded this today....i have to hack it....i've video recorded it, then cut the audio from the video haha that's how i got this audio for this.....take a listen...volume up to hear the low frequencies

hope you like this

https://youtu.be/-JAoMKN6W4Q
Krismael

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More