[RESOLVED] Sustained Notes When I don't want them in B-3x

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

[RESOLVED] Sustained Notes When I don't want them in B-3x

Postby SteveGerick » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:26 am

I just started using the Hammond B-3x plugin and I'm having an issue I can't figure out. I have a song part where I play a series of notes (triads) four times. The first and the last notes are played correctly, but the middle two notes parts have a sustain that I don't want. I've tried replacing the MIDI with the notes from the first triad, but it doesn't seem to matter. I've tried a number of different presets and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I originally played this song with the Native Instruments Vintage Organs plugin and didn't have this problem. It wasn't until I moved the MIDI into this new Logic project with the B-3x plugin that it started happening.

Any ideas?

Thank you!
SteveGerick

Re: Sustained Notes When I don't want them in B-3x

Postby reuelt » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:22 pm

SteveGerick wrote:I just started using the Hammond B-3x plugin and I'm having an issue I can't figure out. I have a song part where I play a series of notes (triads) four times. The first and the last notes are played correctly, but the middle two notes parts have a sustain that I don't want. I've tried replacing the MIDI with the notes from the first triad, but it doesn't seem to matter. I've tried a number of different presets and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I originally played this song with the Native Instruments Vintage Organs plugin and didn't have this problem. It wasn't until I moved the MIDI into this new Logic project with the B-3x plugin that it started happening.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Have you upgraded to version 1.3.1 yet?
reuelt

Postby SteveGerick » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:25 pm

I just purchased it and downloaded it yesterday. I double-checked and its version 1.3.1 Build 20E07
SteveGerick

Postby SteveGerick » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:54 pm

Whoops! User error. I noticed I had some random MIDI sustain events in my MIDI file. Problem solved.
SteveGerick

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More