Unable to import Legacy Instruments in Sampletank 4

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Unable to import Legacy Instruments in Sampletank 4

Postby jens.brokholm » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:37 pm

Hi.

I am currently running Catalina as my os, and did a clean install. Only to find, that I was unable to import my instruments (Samplemoog, Sampletron, Miroslav Philharmonik etc.) into Sampletank 4.

I don't have sampletank 3 installed, and I am apparently unable to install sampletank or custom shop for that matter.

So, at this time, it seems impossible to get these instruments working.

Can this really be true??

Hoping for a solution.

Sincerely,
Jens
jens.brokholm

Re: Unable to import Legacy Instruments in Sampletank 4

Postby garfy » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:25 pm

Hello jens.brokholm and welcome to the forum.

The only way to get legacy instruments working in ST4 is to import them into ST3 format first, as these can then be addressed by ST4. They cannot be imported directly into ST4.

You should have the CS version of ST3 in your User Area which can do the import. If not, please open a ticket with official support and they'll be able to help you out.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/sw/
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby garfy » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:33 pm

Actually, having just re-read your original post...
jens.brokholm wrote:I am apparently unable to install sampletank or custom shop for that matter.

What is the issue with installing ST3?

Did you have it installed before upgrading to Catalina? If so, have you already done the import into ST3 as you can just point ST4 to the ST3 content.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby bradmize » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:26 am

I'm just curious. As I was backing up my ST4 MAX sound libraries, I noticed the ST3 content seems to be there (and maybe this is just a MAX thing). Therefore, is it even necessary to import the ST3 sounds (I understand about the Legacy instruments like Sonik Synth 2 and the Expansion packs and that I need to convert them to ST3 and put them in my ST3 library in order to import them). I think I got that right. Anyway, my main question is do I really need to bring the ST3 libraries into ST4 or are they already there? Thanks in advance.
bradmize

Postby DarkStar » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:44 am

The ST3 sounds library is included in the ST4 MAX product, and is some of the download files available. Have a look at the "Instruments Included" at the bottom of this page: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st4/#sounds

If you have installed the ST4 library into its own folder (e.g. X:/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 4/) AND installed the ST3 library into its own folder (e.g. X:/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 3/) then all you need to do is make sure that both folders are in ST4's Settings / Sound Content list. There is no need to import ST3.

Just for background info: the ST4 software includes 2 "engines"; one to handle ST4 instruments and one to handle ST3 (and Syntronik and MP2 and legacy instruments Imported into ST3) instruments.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby bradmize » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:15 pm

Thanks for the clarification on that. I wasn't aware of the two engines. Most of the older content I have ST2 XT & XL, Sonik Synth 2, a bunch of Xpansion Tank 2 libraries that would all require me to purchase a "reactivation credit" for $10 a pop. I do believe the ST4 MAX library (which as you said, is included with the MAX sound library) should keep me busy for quite some time. I am kind of enamored with the Syntronik stuff. Good to know ST4 will play nice with them if I go there at some point. Thanks again for the help!
bradmize

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:22 pm

The ST2 XL (so XT is covered too) sound libraries are all included with SampleTank 4 MAX so you're ok there. If you already have the installed versions (or the installers) for the other libraries, you don't need a reactivation credit (which is $9.99 for all your libraries, not 9.99 for each) you need to import them into SampleTank 3.

If you still have issues with this, IK Support can guide you more specifically.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:59 pm

You can Import all those legacy libraries into ST3 (so you'll need to have an edition of St3 installed and Authorized). There are a couple of issues but they can be resolved easily.

The 9.99 "reactivation credit" is only needed if you need to download your sounds libraries after the 180 days period since Authorization has expired. As Peter said, one fee covers all the libraries for a further 180 days. If you have them on disk somewhere then you will not need to download them again, just Import them into ST3.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jens.brokholm » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:14 pm

Hello again, and thank you for the quick replies.

I did a clean install of my Mac, and it now runs Catalina, so there is no version of ST3 on my MacBook, AND there is no Sample Tank 3 CS in my user area.

So I'm still stuck.

I'll create a support ticket.
jens.brokholm

Postby redconfetti » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:58 pm

I got confused about this myself. It's "Sampletank Custom Shop" that shows up in your account for download which is actually the latest free version of Sampletank 3 engine that supports importing legacy content.

Here's a video with someone performing the import.
redconfetti

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More