How to properly Install ST4 SE [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

How to properly Install ST4 SE [Resolved]

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:15 pm

First, thank you IK for a great synth at a great price.

My question is I now have ST4 CS and the free Syntronik OXa on my PC. Should I uninstall the ST4 CS before installing the ST4 SE ? And will ST4 SE see the free Syntronik OXa and be able to play it or do I need the CE to do that ?

I'm assuming I should install SE and then the sample library. Seems logical.

Also, it seems you have to set the path for the sound library first from the stand alone, and then install the sounds. Is that correct ? So I suppose you need to create an empty folder to point to ? Then install the sounds ?

run the standalone ST4 program and in Settings / Sound Content, set the disk path to the location where you want the sounds library to be installed, close ST4,

I found the instructions from DarkStar (below) and have the email. But there's no mention of CS or if preinstalled synths (Syntronik OXa) will work as is. Most likely they will work fine but I'd rather ask first before making a mess of it.

Thank you...

Anyway
-- installation of the software and the samples library are separate activities,
-- it sounds like you have Registered the hardware,
-- and downloaded ST4 from your User Area,
-- you should see "SampleTank 4" and "SampleTank 4 CS" in your Uaer Area; the latter is the free one.
-- go down to the one named "SampleTank 4"; the big red button downloads the software
-- click on [Sounds Download} and you should see a drop-down list of files
-- download each one, keeping a check to make sure you do not miss any.

Now
-- install the ST4 software, standalone program and the plug-ins you want (and the included Custom Shop and Authorization Manager programs),
-- the installer will remind you about the sounds library files,
-- run the Authorization Manager and Register / authorize ST4 using the Serial Number from the "SampleTank 4" entry, NOT the "SampleTank 4 CS" one,
-- run the standalone ST4 program and in Settings / Sound Content, set the disk path to the location where you want the sounds library to be installed, close ST4,
-- my path is X:/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 4
-- for each of the downloaded sounds library files, extract the contents from the file to your Desktop, run the installer, select your main library path if needed.

Keep the downloaded Sounds Library files on a back-up disk so that if you need them again, you do not need to download them again.
Musical.Alchemy

Re: How to properly Install ST4 SE

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:51 pm

All editions of ST4 are the same, the difference is the instruments that can be used - and that is controlled by the product Serial Numbers. So, no, you do not need to uninstall ST4 CS before installing ST4 SE.
-- install the ST4 SE sounds library into the same location as you existing ST4 library,
-- authorize ST4 SE using its serial number in the Authorization Manager,
-- you may need to do a "Gear, Restore my gear" in the Custom Shop,
-- check that you can load / play the ST4 SE instruments.

Syntronik is an ST3-based product. So it will not be seen automatically by ST4. Syntronik's sounds library needs to be installed into a SampleTank 3 library location. Create that folder alongside your existing ST4 library folder; e.g. "X:/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 4" and "X:/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 3". Run the OB-Xa sounds installer and select that latter folder.

Then, in ST4's Settings / Sound content make sure that you have the paths to both libraries. Check that you can load and play the OB-Xa sounds.

-------------------
I suggested setting the ST4 library folder path first so that subsequent sounds library install would pick it up, without you having to remember to select it if prompted. As you have already install ST4 CS and its library, you should be fine.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:05 pm

Thank you for your help Dark Star. It took a while to D/L and install everything but it went well.

One question, are you able to delete instruments that you don't want from the list to make it quicker and easier to go through ? As it's a very long list. If not, I hope IK considers that in the future.
Musical.Alchemy

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:37 pm

Not officially.

At your own risk:
I guess you could create an "Unwanted Instruments" folder with sub-folders and move the Instrument files (.st3i file extension) into there, then rebuild the cache database by clicking the circular arrow button in the ST3 Browser. Maybe the similarly-named sample files can be moved too but I do not know if there is a 1:1 relationship between Instrument and Sample.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:03 pm

DarkStar wrote:Not officially.

At your own risk:
I guess you could create an "Unwanted Instruments" folder with sub-folders and move the Instrument files (.st3i file extension) into there, then rebuild the cache database by clicking the circular arrow button in the ST3 Browser. Maybe the similarly-named sample files can be moved too but I do not know if there is a 1:1 relationship between Instrument and Sample.

Yes, I didn't think so. Hopefully IK will consider adding that feature in the future.
Musical.Alchemy

Re: How to properly Install ST4 SE [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:57 pm

Please add that request to the Official SampleTank wish-list thread in this forum.

------------------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More