Slow download speeds

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Slow download speeds

Postby Promidi » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:05 am

Why can I only download at 200kbps from IK multimedia servers even though my connection speed is a verified 50mbps (using https://speedtest.net)

I can pretty much guarantee you that anything you will suggest I do at my end, I have already tried.

Tried different PC, different ISP, different browser, cleared my cache, reset modem, Windows is fully patched, ETC

Is this one of those stupid "Net Neutrality" things?

If I ever purchased Sampletank Max,for instance, it would probably take about 27 years to download.
Promidi

Re: Slow download speeds

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:22 pm

IK uses a top CDN (Content Delivery Network) and in my recent tests the downloads have been very fast for me from multiple remote non-IK locations. I would suggest contacting your ISP to see if they can walk you through diagnosing what "hop" may be the problem as it is likely one of the places along the way that is causing a bottleneck/delay and they can assess that using a traceroute and possibly other means.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Promidi » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:48 pm

Thanks for that.

It does seem to be an issue that does not occur all the time. I just have to time it right.

Next time it does happen, I will try the traceroute (I do have software that can do this)

I had a feeling this might be outside IKs control.
Promidi

Postby Nagy0nzsolt » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:38 pm

I have the same issue. I purchased Miroslav Philharmonik 2 today, the download speed is 140KB/sec (my max download speed is 10MB/sec). I have spoken with my ISP, they said everything is good at their side. I can download full speed from anywhere.

Do you have any alternative download site? It takes forever to download...
Nagy0nzsolt

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:58 pm

I would recommend doing a traceroute as recommended above, it is typically something between your location and IK. We use a top-tier CDN that is used by large companies as it is known for reliability, geo-distribution, and speed but of course even those aren't infallible.

If you still don't find a problem and feel it is on IK's side you'd need to report that to IK Support as the forum admins, moderators, nor users can assist with an issue like this aside from the suggestions already made.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Nagy0nzsolt » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:11 pm

Thank you Peter! I'll try doing a traceroute tomorrow.
Nagy0nzsolt

Postby Promidi » Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:20 pm

I have made further purchases of IKM products (some libraries quite large in size) since I made this initial post (in July 2020).

I can confirm that, for a while now, my download speeds from IKMs servers for these products have returned to around 50mb/s (The maximum for my internet service). I am in South Australia.

I put the initial slow speeds, I experienced, to a routing issue that occurred somewhere between IKM and my ISP - hence, not much I could do about it.

Having said that, I also had the same issue with a German multimedia company as well - but that has also corrected itself for a while now.

It’s just the nature of the internet.
Promidi

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:24 pm

I'd rather it was something on our side since those are things we can take care of! Sorry to hear there were bumps in the road but that is indeed the nature of the internet sometimes.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More