How do I get SampleTank drum loops into DAW [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

How do I get SampleTank drum loops into DAW [Resolved]

Postby supanorton » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:04 pm

Hello,

I've been trying to figure out a workflow for working with SampleTank's drum loops (Billy Cobham, Neil Peart, and Terry Bozio). I've been searching YouTube and this forum, but I haven't been able to find a video or explanation that I can wrap my head around.

In the past, I've always dragged drum loops in from a library, but I don't see any way to do that. Please help!
supanorton

Re: How do I get SampleTank drum loops into DAW

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:31 pm

The drum loops are embedded in SampleTank instrument sample files (.pak file extension).

What I do is set up a MIDI item that will trigger each loop that I want and send the ST4 audio output to another track and record it there. Here I have recorded 4 loops:

Tip: Go to ST4 Edit page and click on [Zone] - you can then see the name of each loop

----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby supanorton » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:09 pm

DarkStar wrote:The drum loops are embedded in SampleTank instrument sample files (.pak file extension).

What I do is set up a MIDI item that will trigger each loop that I want and send the ST4 audio output to another track and record it there. Here I have recorded 4 loops:

Tip: Go to ST4 Edit page and click on [Zone] - you can then see the name of each loop

Thank you, DarkStar. I will see if I can make some sense of this in Logic!
supanorton

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:14 pm

It should be OK if Logic can record the audio output from an instrument plug-in.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby supanorton » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:31 pm

DarkStar wrote:It should be OK if Logic can record the audio output from an instrument plug-in.

With yours and garfy’s help in another thread, I’m up and running. Here’s the link to the other thread for anyone in a similar situation:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=24895

Many thanks to DarkStar and garfy!
supanorton

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:15 pm

Good oh!

-------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More