having issues synching Irig 25 as MIDI for Protools

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

having issues synching Irig 25 as MIDI for Protools

Postby nowayjose90027 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:34 pm

I have not been able to figure out how to synch the Irig25 with protools to be used as MIDI. I've used M Audio midi controllers before and never had issues for some reason can't figure this one out. Let me tell you what i have for setup.

I have a focus rite recording module. I'm using the Irig 25 midi controller and I'm running the Syntronik software. I would like to use it to record it on Protools. Under settings I have it setup to use the ASIO for focusrite for soundcard output and midi going in of course is my irig25. Keep in mind this is just a USB keyboard.

Ok when I open Protools I open a new track > MIDI i do get the Irig25 select it, but nothing goes thru? Am i doing something wrong? Also when i open a new track > Instrument > it doesn't come out as a plug in either. I've tried everything even going thru the menu preference , midi thru, midi setup. The Synktronic is FREE and came as part of my midi controller, but what is the point if i can't use it with Pro Tools. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :(
nowayjose90027

Re: having issues synching Irig 25 as MIDI for Protools

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:39 pm

Are you talking of 2 separate problems here?
(a) using the iRig 25 for MIDI input?
(b) using Syntronik as a plug-in?

I do not know Pro Tools, so cannot advise you further on its details.

Can you get MIDI input from the keyboard to any other plug-in?

Can you load Syntronik onto a track, load an instrument in it and trigger it from Syntronik's virtual keyboard?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby nowayjose90027 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:51 pm

Well it's one problem just can't get the IRIG to show up on the music software.

I can launch Syntronik and I am able to use it play with my midi controller, but for some reason can't get it to work on the music software. When I search for it as a plug it doesn't come out. As MIDI i am able to see it on the selection and the Irig is also enabled under MIDI, but i get no sound coming out of it on my music software.

Could it be that I am defaulting the sound card from the Focusrite module instead of the laptop? I do remember at one point when my soundcard defaulted on my laptop and pressed the keys on the Midi controller I did get some signal going thru, BUT when I went back to the Focusrite nothing came out.
nowayjose90027

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:45 pm

I think that you should use the Focusrite as your audio interface (ASIO) selected in Pro Tools.

(q1) How is the iRig connected? By USB to your computer? Or to the Focusrite?
(q2) What MIDI devices do you see in the Pro Tools MIDI set-up? Did you select the iRig and enable / configure it in Pro Tools?
(q3) What MIDI devices are available for selection as input devices to a Pro Tools track?
(q4) You said previously "when I open Protools I open a new track > MIDI i do get the Irig25 select it, but nothing goes thru".
So it can be selected. How do you know nothing goes through? What happens if you put a different instrument plug-in on the track?

Screenshots will help. https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=432

As for Syntronik:
(q5) what plug-in format does Pro Tools use?
(q6) did you install that format for SyYntronik?
(q7) where (what disk path) did you install that plug-in?
(q8) do you need to tell Pro Tools where the plug-in is or do a plug-in rescan?
(q9) have you installed other third-party instrument plug-ins and do they work OK in Pro Tools?
(q10) Exactly which version of Pro Tools are you using?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby nowayjose90027 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:19 am

I am using Focusrite as my main Audio Soundcard for playback engine.

Keyboard is connected to laptop via USB.

The available MIDI selections when i create a track for MIDI i use the Irig 25 and also for output. I select Channel 1 or ALL for input and for output i selecdt Irig 25 on both of them.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/4BN3KTd" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/4BN3KTd"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
nowayjose90027

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:07 pm

Not sure what happened to your link: https://imgur.com/a/4BN3KTd

But I do not know how to interpret it - I do not know Pro Tools. You need someone who does.

If you have selected the iRig as the MIDI Input (I do not think that I would select it for the MIDI Output though) can you then Record MIDI onto the track. And, shouldn't the output be an instrument plug-in (such as Syntronik)?

Could you answer my questions about Syntronik too?

------------------------------
As this is primarily a user to user forum, but no-one else has chimed in [#], the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here for some one to one investigation and help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days, but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.
And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby nowayjose90027 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:24 pm

Hi you can look at the link here try again:

https://imgur.com/a/4BN3KTd

when i try to select the output should i select focusrite as my audio output then?

also for synktronic it was downloaded as a free application. under settings i have it setup with the ASIO and FOCUSRITE as audio. Left (Output 1) Right (Output 2) I can hear it play with it everything. It just doesn't communicate with the music software.

Also, the path for Synktronic according to the software is located here:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank3
nowayjose90027

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:16 pm

As I said, I do not know how Pro Tools (track routing) works. I guess that the MIDI track needs to be output to an audio track or a Master track or the audio interface???

It sounds like you as using the standalone Syntronik program (that is why you set up its audio output (and its MIDI Input). As it is a standalone program it does not communicate with Pro Tools.

What you will need to do is
-- find out where the Syntronik plug-in was installed (Pro Tools uses .AAX plug-in, I think). It may be (a sub-folder in) C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins. (on Windows).
-- you may need to run the installer again and make sure that you select the plug-in to be installed.
-- then you may need to get Pro Tools to rescan for plug-ins.
-- after that you should be able to add the Syntronik plug-in into Pro tools, just as you would for other plug-ins

The disk path you posted is the default location for the Syntronik sounds library (it is installed as port of a SampleTank 3 library as SampleTank 3 can load Syntronik instruments too.

To repeat my questions:
(q5) what plug-in format does Pro Tools use? (my guess .AAX)
(q6) did you install that format for SyYntronik?
(q7) where (what disk path) did you install that plug-in? (my guess: the path I quoted above)
(q8) do you need to tell Pro Tools where the plug-in is or do a plug-in rescan?
(q9) have you installed other third-party instrument plug-ins and do they work OK in Pro Tools?
(q10) Exactly which version of Pro Tools are you using?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More