Sampletank 4 Crashes Reaper [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sampletank 4 Crashes Reaper [Resolved]

Postby MrDevDevy » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:56 am

Whenever I hit record or add a new track it crashes reaper immediately. Has anyone else experienced this?
MrDevDevy

Re: Sampletank 4 Crashes Reaper

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:57 pm

Can you clarify how SampleTank is involved? Record and Add Track are both Reaper functions, not SampleTank.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby MrDevDevy » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:10 am

DarkStar wrote:Can you clarify how SampleTank is involved? Record and Add Track are both Reaper functions, not SampleTank.

**UPDATE**
I loaded it in FL Studio and it crashed in the same way.. If I close the window wrapper in FL Studio I get this error:
https://ibb.co/P9hV8NX

That's 2 seperate DAWs now, so I'm starting to suspect the issue is within Sampletank.
Reaper has never been crashed by any plugin I've ever used, so this behavior seems suspiciously unique with the Sampletank plugin. Seeing how there were issues in Sampletank 3 causing widespread crashes, I'm thinking we're facing a similar issue here with Sampletank 4, unfortunately. Regardless, I'm looking for a solution... I've contacted support a week ago but no response yet.

I've noticed another symptom, if I load a patch I can play it freely. But the moment I close the wrapper (window) it crashes. It seems entirely possible Sampletank is sending an exit code to the wrapper that causes a crash.
MrDevDevy

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:45 am

Please reply to the email from Support (they are pretty busy at the moment) with this new information and ask for a progress report.

For what it's worth - ST4 in Reaper has never crashed here.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby MrDevDevy » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:30 pm

*BUMP*

Because 2 weeks and support has disappeared.. Hoping someone has some way of fixing this, but I'm starting to think it's a problem only the developers can address.
MrDevDevy

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:17 pm

MrDevDevy wrote:*BUMP*

Because 2 weeks and support has disappeared.. Hoping someone has some way of fixing this, but I'm starting to think it's a problem only the developers can address.

I checked into your support case and it looks like our agent has replied back to you, but they did not get a reply. I've made sure to have someone reach back out today. Make sure to check your Junk/Spam folders when you can in case this was incorrectly labelled. Shoot me a PM if you cannot find this after looking here.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby MrDevDevy » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:06 pm

Ryan_IK wrote:
MrDevDevy wrote:*BUMP*

I checked into your support case and it looks like our agent has replied back to you, but they did not get a reply. I've made sure to have someone reach back out today. Make sure to check your Junk/Spam folders when you can in case this was incorrectly labelled. Shoot me a PM if you cannot find this after looking here.

Hi, I never got a response, Ryan. I checked my e-mail with the filter set to ikmultimedia and checked every e-mail. It's been 4 days since this response, but we had the holiday over the weekend. Hope every one had a great one.

Well, let's see how this week goes? I'd like to check out Sampletank! Next week will mark a month since my purchase that I can't use.. :o
MrDevDevy

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:06 pm

MrDevDevy wrote:
Ryan_IK wrote:
MrDevDevy wrote:Hi, I never got a response, Ryan. I checked my e-mail with the filter set to ikmultimedia and checked every e-mail. It's been 4 days since this response, but we had the holiday over the weekend. Hope every one had a great one.

Check your PM's, I just reached out. It sounds like something is going wrong there, I did double check and you should have two replies from support. Don't worry, we'll figure out what's going on here.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby MrDevDevy » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:42 pm

Problem solved. Was an installation issue with the folders. I think Sampletank needs a better installation method to prevent user errors like these from happening! Works great so far.
MrDevDevy

Re: Sampletank 4 Crashes Reaper [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:34 pm

Good OH :)

To help out others can you let us know what the problem with the folders was and how you resolved it?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:24 pm

The user's issue was multiple custom installation paths. Somehow there were multiple sound content download parts (Not yet installed, but selected after download) and multiple versions of the SampleTank 4 library in Settings -> Sound Content.

For anyone in a similar situation, the following FAQ should help walk them through what happened and how to correct the behavior.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1239
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:24 pm

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.

• If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More