Attach *custom* keywords to factory presets

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Attach *custom* keywords to factory presets

Postby dbwohl » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:42 am

[Updated]

Hi, ST4 community.

In ST4, there doesn't seem to be a way to add a custom keyword to an existing (library) preset. It appears you can only customize your keywords if you create a whole new/edited patch from the original. But, if you just want to attach a custom keyword with no further editing of any sort, that's a hefty duplication of data and a waste of HD space for just for a keyword.

Another related hiccup in keyword search:

If you have already selected a Category(s) and Filter keywords, and then you select an additional Category, all of the pre-existing Filter keywords are deselected (disappear), and you have to select your Filter keywords all over again.

I'd like to hear what others experience with this.

Thx.

David
Last edited by dbwohl on Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dbwohl

Re: Attach *custom* keywords to factory presets

Postby ugpfpv » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:24 pm

Yeah I think you can only load your own samples into the editor
ugpfpv

Postby dbwohl » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:19 pm

That's an oversight.

1) Basic keyword assignments and search functions should be easy and dependable across the platform. For comparison: Spectrasonics (e.g., Omnisphere) lets you edit/add/delete keywords ("tags") and other descriptives, to your heart's delight, whether the patch is factory or user.

2) Another related Keyword/Filter BUG in ST4:
If you already have a Category and Filter keyword(s) selected, and then you select an additional Category, all of the the pre-existing Filter keyword(s) disappear, and you have to select Filter keywords all over again. Really, IKM?!

Hopefully, a developer sees this thread.

Thx.

D.
dbwohl

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:25 pm

The developers won't typically visit this user-to-user forum. However, Ryan has set up wishlist threads for each product where you can add requests to get them forwarded to the team.

If you feel you have found a bug, please report it to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support for direct assistance. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dbwohl » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:18 pm

Thanks, Peter.
David
dbwohl

Postby dbwohl » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:19 pm

Peter, Do you have Ryan's wish-list thread?

David
dbwohl

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:14 pm

dbwohl wrote:Peter, Do you have Ryan's wish-list thread?

David

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19885

Note that these wishlist threads are sticky threads in the appropriate subforum (to which I've moved this thread since it is about SampleTank, not the Editor).

Thanks!
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dbwohl » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:32 pm

Got it. Thx.
David
dbwohl

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:32 pm

dbwohl wrote:Got it. Thx.
David

You're welcome. I didn't look at where this post was until today, so I assumed we were in Virtual Instruments and the wishlist post would be stickied right at the top. My bad.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dbwohl » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:45 pm

No worries. I also sent a support ticket on the matter.

BTW (on a different matter), I wrote you a while back about difficulty right-clicking in order to assign a MIDI controller. Apparently, the Apple alternative to right-click, Ctl-left-click, does not work in ST4, and so you have to use right-click only. If it's any consolation, in Digital Performer and other platforms, sometimes both those keystroke methods will work in one area, but in other areas, only right-click will work. :)

Cheers.
dbwohl

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More