SOLVED - Maybe a simple one...? SampleTank 4 CS

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SOLVED - Maybe a simple one...? SampleTank 4 CS

Postby kacey69 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:38 pm

Hi
I've raised a ticket for this but there may be some kind soul out there that can give me a quick answer.
I'm a long-time user of SampleTank 3 but recently installed version 4 to have a look - and because I was told it would play all my ST3 sounds/instruments - and it is.

My problem is that the three of the items under the "Library" column (ie "SampleTank4 CS"; "The Grid" and "ST4 Imported") are all greyed out and have a download icon in front of them. If I select any of these, I get taken to "My Products" on the IK website, which of course, includes the SampleTank 4 CS and serial number that I have downloaded, installed and authorised.
I have downloaded and installed the Sound Content file specific to ST4 CS and I have pointed the app at both folders (ie my ST3 folder and the newly created ST4 folder).

All my SampleTank 3 voices/instruments are there and sound great - and it's good to see how they look in SampleTank 4 - but I'd like to hear some of the new version 4 sounds that come with the CS version.

Any ideas what I've done wrong?
Last edited by kacey69 on Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kacey69

Re: Maybe a simple one...? SampleTank 4 CS

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:19 pm

It sounds as if you've done the right things.

Perhaps try removing the 2 paths from ST4's Settings / Sound Content and adding them again?

The Grid is a library for ST3 isn't it, did you install that into the ST3 sounds library? And "ST4 Imported" is, I believe, for instruments created with the ST4 Editor (free to those who have purchased an ST4 licence).

-------------
As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here for some one to one investigation and help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days, but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Maybe a simple one...? SampleTank 4 CS

Postby kacey69 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:35 pm

Thanks. I went through the Sounds installation again and it's now picking up the ST4 sounds so I'm good to go. Thanks for the response.
kacey69

Re: SOLVED - Maybe a simple one...? SampleTank 4 CS

Postby garfy » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:58 pm

Hi kacey69

Glad that's got it all sorted.

As this thread has been resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.

• If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
• If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More