Opening Sampletank 4 from new hardrive

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Opening Sampletank 4 from new hardrive

Postby awqaw123 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:36 am

Hello everyone,

I've had to take my PC to a repair place, which ended up in me getting windows reinstalled onto a new main SDD. Thankfully I had Sampletank 4 and all the pertaining sound files installed on a secondary internal drive.

I can open the ST4 client through this secondary drive, but it doesn't seem to load the sound banks (even though they're all existing on the same drive). Is there anyone who could let me know how I could relink them? Would I have to install anything new on my new main SSD?

Thanks a lot. Please let me know if you need any more info
awqaw123

Re: Opening Sampletank 4 from new hardrive

Postby DarkStar » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:48 am

Hello awqaw123 and welcome to the forum.

Slightly confused here - exactly where are your ST4 program and plug-ins installed? What are the full disk paths?

Run the ST4 standalone program, select Settings > Sound Content and change the path to the ST4 library on your second internal disk (point to the main folder that contains the "Instruments" and "Samples" folders (and other folders)).

But, you may need to reinstall ST4 as it relies on Registry entries on Windows (and, I guess something equivalent on OSX).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby garfy » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:30 pm

There's also the potential that ST4 has lost it's authorisation as it considers the new installation of the OS on a brand new HD a new machine, so to speak.

Like Darkstar though, I can't quite square how you're running the app on a secondary drive to the main OS drive, so more info needed.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby awqaw123 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:42 am

Thanks guys, I've rerouted by Sound Content folder to the destination in the following image linked, which contains my zipped and unzipped sound folders:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hj5bKV ... sp=sharing

However nothing still shows up in my ST4 client? Clicking on rescanning instruments also shows up with nothing. Perhaps I've routed to the wrong place?

I've also logged into ST4 with a new install of the IK authorizer. Still nothing seems to show in the routed path linked.
awqaw123

Postby garfy » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:35 am

I'll let @Darkstar give a bit more direction on this if needed as he runs Windows systems, whereas I don't but that looks like you are pointing ST4 at the individual downloaded sound content folders. You need to be pointing it to where the sound content has actually been installed to, which I don't think this is.
garfy

Postby awqaw123 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:39 am

Thanks.
Hmmmm. Well I've got the directory pointed to this main folder which contains all the individual folders in bulk (hence the name 'Sampletank Library.' this is the same folder that contains the whole library of zip folders, along with being the same place I unzipped them too.

Is this still the wrong place?
awqaw123

Postby garfy » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:55 am

awqaw123 wrote:Is this still the wrong place?

Looks like it to me.

The default folder structure should be *Users Drive*/IK Multimedia/Sampletank 4 and then inside that folder will be various folders including one called Instruments and one called Samples which will contain the installed data. I think these are just the unpacked downloads. If you look in each one of yours you'll probably find the installer as well as some other data.

Here's the link to the FAQ on the installation routine for the content if you need it https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index. ... mpletank-4

It just leaves the question that, if you had it all working before your HD needed changing, where did you install the content to? If it was to a secondary drive it might still be there.
garfy

Postby awqaw123 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:13 am

Thanks for letting me know.

Would this be the right path?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z7WLxM ... sp=sharing

I created this by installing one of the install executables located in one of the unzipped folders in my first link.
awqaw123

Postby garfy » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:59 am

Apologies, the link I sent to the FAQ just went to the main ST4 FAQ page, rather than the specific question :roll: . If you follow my link and click the question "Getting Started with the SampleTank 4 (Digital Download) this will show you the file structure.

awqaw123 wrote:Would this be the right path?

That still doesn't look correct to me. According to the FAQ the default for content is C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 4 and then inside that SampleTank 4 folder will be the Instruments, Samples etc folders.

Did you let it install to the default pathway?

Like I said before though, if you had the software running before the HD change, what has happened to the installation on the secondary drive that you described?
garfy

Postby DarkStar » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:40 pm

Whoa! Hold on a moment.

The folder "SAMPLE TANK LIBRARY" looks like the correct one. But that folder contents does not look right to me. Most of those folders look like the contents of the download .zip files (for ST4 and ST3); and, I'll guess there are many more. Is that right?

What is in the "Instruments" and "Samples" folders? How much disk space does each of those folders use? How many files in each?

For the expected folder hierarchy, have a look here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/ at "I can't find or load my Virtual Instrument's sound content library, what can I do?" and "Getting Started with the SampleTank 4 (Digital Download) Installation Process"

Also, the folders in .../Documents/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 4 are used for various auxiliary files, not for the Sounds Library.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:04 pm

... any news?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby awqaw123 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:22 am

Yup!

totally worked!

One thing now which I've forgotten - how do I open up ST4 in Fl Studio? I can't seem to find the path for this. I know where my desktop .exe to launch ST4 standalone is. But for a DAW, am I supposed to path to a .dll or vst file?

Any help appreciated again!
awqaw123

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:12 pm

Good oh! :)

As for FL Studio - no idea, never used it. But, yes, you would need to add a path to the plug-in (Probably the VST2 plug-in, with the .dll file extension) to FL Studio's plug-in path list. In the same way as you other plug-ins,

Do a Search of your disks to find it. Or rerun the installer and check carefully what plug-in formats are selected. And check the location for the VST2 plug-in. VST3 plug-ins go into sub-folders in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3" I think.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More