Download nightmare

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik, Sonik Synth, SampleMoog, SampleTron, Xpansion Tank series and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Download nightmare

Postby gmartinius » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:45 am

I just purchased ST4- and download is a slow ass night mare!! Files will just stop downloading and have to start all over- this sucks!!! I may have to call bank and reverse charges or ask IK for a refund- this is going to take forever!!!
gmartinius

Re: Download nightmare

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:29 am

I just tested and I'm getting quick downloads. You may want to check if there's something happening at your provider or somewhere between you and the download server (can be done with a traceroute). If there are no issues there, I'd suggest reaching out to IK Support who will be happy to provide direct and official technical support. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby gmartinius » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:11 pm

I ran internet speed test. I am hitting 60mps. Which is fast. I have sent a request for refund. IK site is always Slow to me. Don’t believe it’s on my side of things

Thx
gmartinius

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:46 pm

A speed test is not pertinent. There is likely an issue in one of the hops between you and the servers. A traceroute will show where it is occurring as I point out above. Also, you'd be better off reaching out to IK Support (and that of your ISP who will likely look at a traceroute and tell you where the problem is and offer some suggestions too) via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support as this is not a technical support forum but the IK Support staff is there to help you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby gmartinius » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:50 pm

I did reach out to IK customer service asking for a refund. I appreciate your input and will take that u def advisement. Thank you
gmartinius

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:50 pm

I just downloaded the full 2.8GB file for SampleTank 4 CS sounds in less than 2.5 minutes from a remote location not affiliated or connected to the IK network at all (and many many miles away). The download servers are not the issue.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:51 pm

I see you decided a refund was your best route. Bearing that in mind:

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More