ST4 software (minus samples) available free?[Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

ST4 software (minus samples) available free?[Resolved]

Postby johnamick » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:54 pm

I just grabbed a nicely priced copy of SampleTank 3, and should be able to run it since I've not upgraded to MacOS High Sierra+ (which includes Catalina). However, I may have to upgrade MacOS at some point.

Question: Does IK provide the SampleTank 4 software, empty - minus samples - free of charge to allow customers to import and use their legacy products?

EDIT: I found the free ST4 Custom Shop version. Does this allow the import of ST3 instruments with full features?
johnamick

Re: ST4 software (minus samples) available free?

Postby garfy » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:27 pm

Hi johnamick and welcome to the forum

johnamick wrote:I found the free ST4 Custom Shop version. Does this allow the import of ST3 instruments with full features?

Yes and you don't even have to import anything. You need to add in the pathway to your main SampleTank 3 content folder in Settings>Sound Content in ST4 and if it doesn't rebuild the database automatically, just click Rescan All.

johnamick wrote:I just grabbed a nicely priced copy of SampleTank 3, and should be able to run it since I've not upgraded to MacOS High Sierra+ (which includes Catalina). However, I may have to upgrade MacOS at some point.

Obviously people have different hardware in their systems, but I have SampleTank 3 working perfectly under macOS 10.14.6 (Mojave). YMMV ;)
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby johnamick » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:10 pm

Thanks garfy! Apparently Catalina broke a lot of stuff:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=8464

But the fact that I can use my ST3 samples with ST4 (even the free Custom Shop version) should do it for me. Appreciate the reply!
johnamick

Postby garfy » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:19 pm

Catalina has been a bit of a show stopper for some, but then all new software is to a certain extent - you can't hope to get it running on everyone's system first time, not even with thorough beta testing.

Anyway, glad you're sorted.

As this thread has been resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.

• If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
• If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More