Sample Tank 4 usage question

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sample Tank 4 usage question

Postby UltraByte » Sat May 30, 2020 11:59 pm

Hi,
sorry im quite new to ST4, still figuring things out.

So here is the issue i wonder about:
I try to use some of the drum kits as i would use Addictive Drums or abletons drum rack. Both offer the possibility to mix specific kit sounds, such as kick, snare, hh etc.
I noticed that loading from the Sample Tank Multis (selection on the top such as Terry Bozzio Drums will indeed populate multiple tracks inside ST4 and i can mix every of the instruments inside ST4 or route them in the mixer outside to the DAW where i can contine editing every instrument on a specific channel.

Now most Drum Kits are not multi kits (or how its called) but as far as i can see you find them when clicking on an instrument insert .
Example: Lets say i found "EDM Drum Kit1" from the Library "The Grid" to be exactly the drum kit i need for a project.
I load it but all ends up being loaded on one channel.
Every sound (kick, snare etc) has its own trigger note and i can modify the instrumetns envelopes etc under "Edit Instrument" when clicking on the "zone" button but i didnt found a way to either route every specific sound outside to an own channel or assign specific EQ, compression or such to them separately. All seem to be routed through channel1 which seems senseless for a drum kit. You wont assign the same effects to kick and snare as example.

I found the macro button on the bottom rigth which lets you modify the volume of the specific sounds but thats about it.

So, how are these Drum kits that load in one instrument channel usable ? how to actually EQ, Compress the specific sounds of these kits differently or route them to different channels in the daw as you would do with a Muilti Patch ?

thanks in advance for any clarification
UltraByte

Re: Sample Tank 4 usage question

Postby UltraByte » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:54 pm

well i think i got it.
not sure if thats the best way to do but

1) load the normal (not multi) patch to multiple instrument channels instead only one
2) set all channels to midi 1
3) map the trigger note to a specific instrument channel
4) profit. all instruments have their respective mixer channel or can be routed out.
UltraByte

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More