ST4 Contant Crashes

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

ST4 Contant Crashes

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Mon May 25, 2020 6:42 pm

I just installed and authorized ST4 CS. The program loads fine, however I can barely get a few notes out of it before it crashes and closes down. Some sounds don't play at all, for example the Berlin Pianos produce a loud gun shot sound and then ST closes, others do nothing, while others play a few notes and then crash. What's going on with this ?

Also where are the VSTs ? I selected VST2 and Standalone, but could only find the stand alone.

Just ran it again, before posting and it crashed my machine. Had to do a reboot.

SampleTank 4 CS - Ver. 4.1.0
Windows 10 Home
Dell XPS i7
Musical.Alchemy

Re: ST4 Contant Crashes

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Mon May 25, 2020 11:41 pm

Well I guess third times a charm. I un-istalled and re-installed and had the same problems. I tried once more and now magically it runs fine, and the VST's are now in the appropriate folders.

Anyway now that it's up and running, a few questions.

1. I noticed in the first two installs that Syntronik Free (which I also had installed) showed up under 'library' however now it is ghosted out with a download link. How can I get it show again ?

2. I also see ST3 Free is also ghosted out in the library. Is there any benefit to having ST3 along with ST4, or are they basically the same sounds ?

3. It seems a lot of the libraries are geared toward more modern musical styles. Which library(s) if any would be best suited for Classic Prog Rock (ELP, YES, Pink Floyd, Rush) ?

Thanks...
Musical.Alchemy

Re: ST4 Contant Crashes

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:49 pm

Oops, missed this one.

A1: Syntronik is an ST3-based library. You need to make sure that it is installed into your main ST3 library and that you have added the ST3 library path to ST4's Settings / Sound Content.

A2: As above. The ST3 sounds are different.

A3: I am not sure that they are IK Multimedia's main focus. Luckily I have legacy products including SampleTron, SampleMoog and Sonik Synth 2. :)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More