I dont know why this is so hard

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

I dont know why this is so hard

Postby chasealexander » Wed May 20, 2020 4:09 pm

ive encountered this problem before, ive got the license and everything everything is working out fine, but I load sampletank 3 into mpc 2.0 and I cant get the steel drums or anything to load into sampletank, itll probably take me all day to figure this out....
chasealexander

Re: I dont know why this is so hard

Postby chasealexander » Wed May 20, 2020 4:23 pm

Btw..i created separate folders for all the soundbanks and theyre right on my desktop I just cant figure out how to load them or whatever
chasealexander

Postby DarkStar » Wed May 20, 2020 4:29 pm

Hello chasealexander and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

But without any details of the problem and what steps you have taken so far we would only be guessing and could take you off down the wrong path.

Anyway:
-- forget MPC for the moment, stick to the ST3 standalone program
-- do any instruments load into that program?
-- what happens when you try to select and load an instrument?

-- in ST3 Settings / Sound Content, what is the full path to the ST3 Sound Library
-- what is the full path to the installed ST3 Sounds Library?
-- what is the full path to the installed Steel Drums Library?

-----------------------------------
As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here for some one to one investigation and help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days, but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby DarkStar » Wed May 20, 2020 4:32 pm

chasealexander wrote:Btw..i created separate folders for all the soundbanks and theyre right on my desktop I just cant figure out how to load them or whatever

That sounds likely to be the problem. You need to (download and) install ALL the ST3 sounds library files into the same location and point to that location in ST3's Settings / Sound Content.

Check out the expected folder hierarchy in this FAQ: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/#st3
Click "I can't find or load my Virtual Instrument's sound content library, what can I do?" then the ST3 section.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby chasealexander » Wed May 20, 2020 4:43 pm

Im sorry, what is ST3?
chasealexander

Postby chasealexander » Wed May 20, 2020 4:46 pm

Oh duh, ok st3 = sample tank 3...I open it up and I cant get nothing to load.... I just downloaded it and im downloading all the sound libraries...should I let the computer decide where everything goes or make my own folders...let me try to get that other info for you
chasealexander

Postby DarkStar » Wed May 20, 2020 4:46 pm

ST3 = SampleTank 3
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby chasealexander » Wed May 20, 2020 4:50 pm

OK, the paths are...desktop, sound content steel drums and sound content 1

that simple, ..

I forget where I actually installed sample tank though....let me try to figure that out

and all the sounds st3 is making are kick drum sounds and snares
chasealexander

Postby DarkStar » Wed May 20, 2020 4:54 pm

chasealexander wrote:Oh duh, ok st3 = sample tank 3...I open it up and I cant get nothing to load.... I just downloaded it and im downloading all the sound libraries...should I let the computer decide where everything goes or make my own folders...let me try to get that other info for you

OK, so it sound like you installed the ST3 software (and the Authorization Manager and Custom Shop standalone programs) but none of the Sounds Library. That certainly would explain why you could not load any instrument.

For the Sounds Library, I suggest creating your own folder. Ideally not on the System Disk. Mine is "L:\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3". Create your folder and, before you run any sound installers, run the ST3 standalone program and set that location in the Settings / Sound Content tab.

Then Unzip the first sounds download, run its installer. It should pick up the correct path or you may have to select it. Check that various files and folders have gone into that location. Then do each of the other sounds downloads, one at a time.

When all done, open the ST3 standalone program and check out the instruments. You may need to "rebuild the cache database" by clicking on the circular arrow button at the bottom right of the instrument browser.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby chasealexander » Wed May 20, 2020 4:55 pm

OK, I installed Sample tank into My Pc, Documents, Mpc …..
chasealexander

Postby chasealexander » Wed May 20, 2020 5:06 pm

Okbut what about all the vst folders...it says vst 3 and its trying into install in like 4 different places …
chasealexander

Postby chasealexander » Wed May 20, 2020 5:09 pm

I need a more detailed explanantion theres so many things its trying to do and I cant figure it out..
chasealexander

Postby chasealexander » Wed May 20, 2020 5:11 pm

How do I even get these into sampletank, that's all I need to do.....and am I supposed to load them in one by one? do I go o the thing thyat says import samples?
chasealexander

Postby chasealexander » Wed May 20, 2020 5:13 pm

Im trying my hardest to do what you said but I cant get it
chasealexander

Postby chasealexander » Wed May 20, 2020 5:14 pm

what is the sound/settings tab?
chasealexander

Next

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More