Installing Instrument Libraries in ST4 [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Installing Instrument Libraries in ST4 [Resolved]

Postby rbernauer » Sat May 16, 2020 5:49 pm

I'm having difficulty installing the SampleTank 4 instrument libraries on my Windows 10 PC and I hope someone might have information or suggestions.

I've downloaded the latest ST4 download and all of the Sound Downloads along with T-Racks5 (which is working fine).

I've authorized the ST4 software through Authorization Manager and it shows as authorized in the software.

I want to install the instrument libraries (SampleTank content, Miroslav, Syntronik) into a custom folder on the D: drive (D:\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 4) rather than the standard C:\Users location.

I run the install program for each sound content download and it shows it successfully installs to the D:\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 4 folder.

When I launch ST4 no instruments appear. Settings shows the proper D: location. When I run the Settings-Sound Content-Rescan it completes in a second but no instruments appear.

My question is how should the sound content folder structure look under the D:\IK Multimedia folder?

My guess is that the program isn't seeing the proper structure for the libraries - even though the installer is creating the structure.

Here's how the sound content installer is creating folders:

D:\IK Multimedia \SampleTank 4 \Samples \SampleTank 4 \Acoustic Pianos \C Grand Close Mics SE

Note: I inserted some spaces in the long file path to make it easier to read.

Thanks for any assistance or suggestions.
rbernauer

Re: Installing Instrument Libraries in ST4

Postby DarkStar » Sat May 16, 2020 6:19 pm

Hello rbernauer and welcome to the forum.

Have a look at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?category=11&topic=sampletank-4 then "I can't find or load my Virtual Instrument's sound content library, what can I do?"

There's a folder hierarchy pic in there.

Just to check: from what you have posted the folder path in ST4's Settings / Sound Content should be "D:\IK Multimedia \SampleTank 4". Try removing that path name and adding it again and it should rebuild the cache database.

One thing though: the Miroslav, Syntronik libraries are in ST3 format. They should be in their own St3 library folder, such as "D:\IK Multimedia \SampleTank 3". Then just add that path to the list in ST4's Settings / Sound Content.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby rbernauer » Sat May 16, 2020 7:44 pm

Thanks Darkstar. That's exactly what I needed. Thanks for the quick response.
rbernauer

Postby DarkStar » Sat May 16, 2020 7:48 pm

Which bit?

If you've got it sorted out, to help other users with a similar problem, please let us know what steps you took to resolve it.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby rbernauer » Sun May 17, 2020 4:53 am

Seeing the structure of the SampleTank 3 folder that you provided showed that my system was missing the "Library Info" folder for some reason - I just had "Instruments", "Samples", "Multis". I created the "Library Info" folder and then recopied all the necessary folders/files from the .ZIP files into the SampleTank 3 folder.

Note: for me it was easier to manually extract from the .ZIP files and place in the right folders but you could run the install programs that are provided.

Once I got that the basic SampleTank 3 instruments working I created another folder D:\IK Multimedia\Miroslav Philharmonik 2 and copied (extracted) the folders from the .ZIP files and placed them in that folder. Again making sure that all the folders were there: Effects Presets, Instruments, Library Info, Multis, Patterns, Samples, and Sets.

Then I launched SampleTank 4 and went to SETTINGS - SOUND CONTENT and added the folder info for D:\IK Multimedia\Miroslav Philharmonik 2. I then ran the rescan and all the instruments appeared.

Seeing the expected structure for the folders under the main SampleTank 3/4 folders helped me. Thanks again.
rbernauer

Postby DarkStar » Sun May 17, 2020 5:48 pm

Thank you - it would be worth letting Technical Support know that the installer did not install the Library Info folder and files. It certainly should.

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More