SampleTank 4 in Total Studio 2 Max [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank 4 in Total Studio 2 Max [Resolved]

Postby bruce-rez » Sat May 16, 2020 2:38 am

Hi,

I am new to IK Multimedia products and I recently bought the Total Studio 2 Max.
I have some different questions about SampleTank and I start with the basic ones and I'll post other questions in different post/subject just to make it clear and hopefully I get some help/assistance here.

1- How many version of SampleTank 4 exist and what are major differences between them?

2- I installed the whole Total Studio 2 Max software on my computer and I noticed there are 2 different versions of SamplTank 4;
SampleTank 4 SE as a plugin on my DAW
SampleTank 4 as Standalone on my computer.

Why SampleTank 4 SE is not installed as Standalone?

3- Why when I open SampleTank4 on my DAW as a plugin and I click on SampleTank 4 SE nothing is showing, no sound on it?

4- In authorized libraries there are Philharmonik 2 CE and ST4 Imported.
When I click on them I am redirected to IK MUltimedia website, My Products.
These 2 libraries are not on My Products page, so confused and don't know what to do from there.

I would appreciate any explanation or help.
Thank you
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
iMac (Mid 2011), 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 24 GB RAM
High Sierra 10.13.6
Cubase Pro 10
Steinberg UR22C
IK Total Studio 2 Max
M-Audio Keystatoion 49
Korg Pa4X
bruce-rez

Re: SampleTank 4 in Total Studio 2 Max

Postby DarkStar » Sat May 16, 2020 1:30 pm

Hello bruce-rez and welcome to the forum.

First of all, congratulations on getting Total Studio 2 Max at such a bargain price. :)

A1: There are several editions of SampleTank 4 ("ST4"). The software is the same in all of them and is always just named SampleTank 4, the difference is the sounds library supplied.

Total Studio 2 Max comes with SampleTank 4 SE.

A2: How are you seeing ST4 SE as the plug-in and ST4 as the standalone? What information is telling you that?

Have a look at the Serial Number in both (open the Settings window and click the Registration padlock) They should be the same - don't tell us that they are but what are the first 5 characters?

A3: Did you download, unzip and install all the ST4 SE sounds library files? What is the folder path name to the disk folder where you installed them? Make sure that that folder path is listed in ST4's Setting / Sound Content.

A4: Total Studio 2 MAX also includes Miroslav Philharmonik 2. You should see that is your My Products area. Download, unzip and install all those sounds library files into the ST3 Sounds library main folder. Authorize them with the Serial number too. And make sure that you have added the folder path to the ST3 sounds library to the path list is ST4's settings / Sound Content. You should then see them listed.

I do not know why MP2 CE is shown like that - that view generally means that it is registered to your Account but not installed on your system. And I understand that the "ST4 Imported" library is for instruments created with the St4 Sample Editor.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#] on these two. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here for some one to one investigation and help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days, but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby bruce-rez » Sat May 16, 2020 9:19 pm

DarkStar wrote:A2: How are you seeing ST4 SE as the plug-in and ST4 as the standalone? What information is telling you that?

Have a look at the Serial Number in both (open the Settings window and click the Registration padlock) They should be the same - don't tell us that they are but what are the first 5 characters?
Hi DarkStar,
Thank you for your reply and explanation.
I checked the serial numbers on both and they are indeed the same.
What confused me, it was different naming of ST4 as Plugin (SampleTank 4 SE) and as Standalone in Applications folder (SampleTank 4), please see screen shots:

Image Image

DarkStar wrote:A3: Did you download, unzip and install all the ST4 SE sounds library files? What is the folder path name to the disk folder where you installed them? Make sure that that folder path is listed in ST4's Setting / Sound Content.
No download, I bought the Box version which comes with a flash drive.
I installed the Total Studio 2 Max from flash drive by clicking on installer file and it took about more than 2 hours for installation to complete successfully. I did not install or move manually any sound or what so ever.
Here is the screen shot of Sound Content path and ST4 folders, I checked the ST4 Samples and Instruments folders but they are empty except the Library Info folder:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
High Sierra 10.13.6
Cubase Pro 10
Steinberg UR22C
IK Total Studio 2 Max
M-Audio Keystatoion 49
Korg Pa4X
bruce-rez

Postby DarkStar » Sun May 17, 2020 6:17 pm

A2: In your first screenshot your are see the general SampleTank 4 logo and a reference to the ST4 CS SE library.

A3: Well the paths listed in ST4's Settings look OK.

But if the respective Instruments and Samples folders are empty that suggests that the sounds were not installed. The Sounds Library installers are separate from the software installers.

Did you (unzip and) install all the ST4 SE sounds library files? What is the folder path name to the disk folder where you installed them?

How about the ST3 Instruments and Samples folders?

Have a look at this FAQ for info on the folder organisation:
" I can't find or load my Virtual Instrument's sound content library, what can I do?"
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/

And this specific FAQ: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1235
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby bruce-rez » Sun May 17, 2020 10:06 pm

Thanks for the links.
Regarding my question 3, I sorted out the problem (sound content) by downloading and installing the ST4 sound content from the website.
Now the sound content is there and I can play them, good.
I just have a problem with an imported DR kit (Imported Samples) in ST4 but I will post it in another topic.

DarkStar wrote:
A2: In your first screenshot your are see the general SampleTank 4 logo and a reference to the ST4 CS library.
I cannot see the reference to the ST4 CS in my screen shot, maybe I missed it. Can you show me in which screen shot?
Thank you
High Sierra 10.13.6
Cubase Pro 10
Steinberg UR22C
IK Total Studio 2 Max
M-Audio Keystatoion 49
Korg Pa4X
bruce-rez

Postby DarkStar » Mon May 18, 2020 10:33 am

Oops, I meant ST4 SE library. I've edited my previous post.

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More