Help Please - Error loading most TS Max sounds [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Help Please - Error loading most TS Max sounds [Resolved]

Postby chriskthedrummer » Wed May 13, 2020 5:13 pm

Hi All,

I opened a support case but am hoping I can get an answer here instead.

I recently purchased the Total Studio 2 MAX Package. I have downloaded, installed and activated all of the appropriate products.

However, when I go to load the majority of the sounds through Syntronkii. Miroslav Philharmonik 2 or ST3 MAX (which I discovered is the engine for the other two :lol: ), I get an error loading that says file not found.

The path in the file not found error is correct and the files are there. This seems to be with a lot of the more complex sounds because some simple instrument sounds do load across the three tools.

I haven't installed all of the sound sets yet (still downloading the files) but nothing seems to change the behavior and I can't understand why it can see some files in the directory structure but not others.

I used the default directories and haven't changed them (User/Shared/...)

I am using Cakewalk by Bandlab (formerly Sonar) on Windows 10 (64-bit)
with 24GB of RAM and 2TB of disk (platter, not SSD)
i5 with 8 cores @3.2MHz

I do not see any other indication as to what type of error might be happening other than the file not found error (which again, isn't correct because the path is correct in the error message and the file is there) Also, there is not a troubleshooting section in the manual so I don't even know what else I could do to change this behavior.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Chris
chriskthedrummer

Re: Help Please - Error loading most TS Max sounds

Postby DarkStar » Wed May 13, 2020 5:37 pm

Hello chriskthedrummer and welcome to the forum.

Please continue to work with Support as that is the best route for one to one advice.

Anyway ...
(a) the sounds library location for Syntronik, Miroslav Philharmonik 2 and ST3 is the same, as you have found. That was done so that the Syntronik and MP2 instruments can be loaded into ST3 and layered with ST3's own instruments.

(b) you can use all of those instruments in ST4 - just add the disk path leading to the ST3 library to the Sound Content paths list in ST4's Settings.

(c) For an instrument to be loaded into any of the products, 2 files are needed - the "instrument-definition" file (in a sub-folder within "Instruments") AND the instrument's audio samples file (in a sub-folder within "Samples"). The first are installed at the same time as the software; the second need to be installed separately.

(d) Continue with the downloads and installations. When done, try those problem instruments again.

Hope that that helps.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby chriskthedrummer » Wed May 13, 2020 7:05 pm

Ah ... duh!

Thanks for the quick reply.

I wondered about that ... good thing I'm downloading all the sound files now.

I haven't even installed 4 yet - still trying to gain some confidence with 3 MAX stuff.

I'll continue to work with Support if necessary but a couple of thoughts (coming from a guy who has done tech his whole life ...)
1. These guys have a cool product suite but the docs are a little lacking ...
2. Might be a good idea to load the instrument definition at the same time as the sound files instead of at product installation to reduce confusion.
3. It would help to not have the instrument file as the target of the file not found error message.
4. It would be good to have a map of instruments to sound file (.zip) so that we can prioritize our downloads :lol:

Anyway, thanks for the reply. I was heading down that path so hopefully I get there soon.

=== EDIT ===

Just one last thought, I have downloaded some of the sound files for ST3 and installed them. The module shows in my ST3 control BUT, not all of the sounds listed in the pack work (same error) - wouldn't that indicate something else going on?
chriskthedrummer

Postby DarkStar » Thu May 14, 2020 12:37 pm

^^^
Without any specifics we would only be guessing.

Which instrument?
Is it in a sub-folder within the ST3 "Instruments" folder?
Is a similarly-named samples file in a sub-folder within the ST3 "Samples" folder?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby chriskthedrummer » Thu May 14, 2020 3:56 pm

Understood - wasn't sure if there was a general configuration I was missing.

I'll provide both screenshots and a brief video if I can.

Thanks.
chriskthedrummer

Postby DarkStar » Thu May 14, 2020 4:27 pm

Thank you.

For posting images, please see: https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=432
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby chriskthedrummer » Fri May 15, 2020 4:15 pm

Okay, you can give me the dumb newbie badge :D

Just to test ... I went to MP2 and installed ALL the packs ... low and behold, it works.
It would be good to have in the documentation that you should install ALL the required sound .pak files before attempting to use this - maybe for music users, that is a typical thing but software guys think a little more compartmentalized ...

Anyway, thanks for the help. Looks like I am moving now!
chriskthedrummer

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:47 pm

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More