Imported Miroslav Philharmonik 1 instruments in MP2

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Imported Miroslav Philharmonik 1 instruments in MP2

Postby TimDudd » Mon May 11, 2020 11:45 pm

Hi,

After some time of absence from using Philharmonik, I've recently found the time to blow the dust of my copy of MP1 and import it into my SampleTank 3 library so it can be seen by my copy of MP2CE.

The import worked a treat, so I can now get to my MP1 library from the 64-bit MP2 application/VSTi.

The import from MP1 swept along with it all the 'child presets' for the instruments (i.e. those suffixed with 'AMV', 'BC1', 'EXPD' etc.), which under the old MP1 interface provided 'sound programming' information about the instrument's character to MP1. It might be me but I can't notice any difference between these (for the same instrument) when used in either the MP2 or SampleTank 3 or 4 software - has anyone else found this?

There are quite a lot of them so if they are not recognised or used by MP2/SampeTank can the corresponding .st3i files (under the SampleTank 'Imported Instruments' folder) be deleted to de-clutter the installation?

Thanks in advance
TimDudd

Re: Imported Miroslav Philharmonik 1 instruments in MP2

Postby DarkStar » Tue May 12, 2020 11:26 am

Hello TimDudd and welcome to the forum.

Well, I've learned something today: I did not know that MP1 instruments (Imported into the ST3 library using ST3, I guess ) could be loaded into MP2. (Or does MP2 have an Import feature?)

Those Imported instruments do sound different from each other in ST3 and ST4 here. Remember also to adjust the Macro knobs.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:48 pm

... any news?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby TimDudd » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:28 pm

Hi,

To be honest, I cannot remember how I imported MP1 samples into MP2 - but I do remember that ST3 came into the equation somewhere.

I'm not able to re-test the MP1 samples right now, and I will re-check and confirm, but from memory (and my notes!) I think the "crescendo" (CRS1 and CRS2) patches do sound different but I the "AMV" (Aftertouch-Modwheel-Velocity) and the "EXPD" (Expression Pedal) patches didn't seem to be different - even when using the respective controllers.
TimDudd

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More